VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello folks....i looked around the site but can't find what i'm specifically looking for.

My wife has a million .3gp files she wants to burn to DVD.

I said no problem and whipped out my ConvertXtoDVD only to see it crash each time
    I think it has something to do with the number of files (i reached the max # of chapters allowed) and also the size of these files (so many of them are like 15 seconds long ugh)

So my thought is the best way to acheive this is to first combine all of these files into one long .3gp or something.

can anyone recommend a good piece of software to do this task

or any other ideas on how i can get these videos onto DVD???

thanks much!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe freemake video converter, load some 3gps, click on join at top right, convert to dvd.

It might also work to join with something like Boilsoft Video Joiner. And then convert with convertxtodvd.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yes you probably reached a limites. The (unoffical) standard for being DVD compliant is a maximum of 99 Titleset each containing a maximum of 99 Titles (http://www.dvd-replica.com/DVD/vtsguide.php) totalling 9801 titles - so if you got a million you have to join some of them .

And if your titles isn't the same format you have to transcode them as well. Boilsoft Video Joiner can do that starting from some version (6 I think). Another joiner that allows transcoding could be Ultra Video Joiner (http://www.aone-soft.com/joiner.htm). However many transcoder allow you to group several titles into one like Mediacoder (http://www.mediacoderhq.com/) and lots of others. And then you could again use ConvertXtoDVD if that's your favourite authoring programme.
    Last edited by videobruger; 19th Jan 2012 at 01:14. Reason: forgot some
    Quote Quote  
  4. oh yes convertXtoDVD is surely my favorite!

thoughts......i technically did not exceed any limit with XtoDVD simply because it wouldn't allow me to - correct?
    what i mean is....i tried to add ALL of the files originally but the program cut me off to tell me "only 99 allowed" and so that was all that was included in this compilation.

my titles aren't all in the same format.....i believe they are 3pg and mp4 files.....i put 3gp in the title of this thread simply because i find that format to be a bit more obscure than mp4 so might as well tackle that one with the assumption that any program that could handle 3pg could also handle mp4

so with that said though......should i really need all of these in the same format for convertXtoDVD??
    to me this is exactly what the program would do.....convert all of these files into DVD format (vob etc.)??

thanks much for the input everyone!
    Quote Quote  
  5. It been a looong time since I tried ConvertXtoDVD but my guess is that you have created one Titleset with 99 Titles (source files). So what you need to do is create a new Titleset to hold the next 99 Titles and so forth up to a maximum of 99 Titlesets totalling 9801 Titles (files - and they don't have to be in the same format).

Should you have more than 9801 files you may need to join some of them together. Several "joiner" programs can only join by performing a copy operation in which case the files to be joined must have the same format whereas others besides copy is capable of transcoding if the files are of different formats.

So .. Add 99 files instead of ALL - Create a new Titleset - Add 99 more files and so on. And if this works - forget about joining files unless you have more than 9801 files
    Quote Quote  
  6. hey thanks again i'm going to give this a try!

my thought though is that if i had in fact created 99 titlesets (which you are likely correct) then why would this still cause the program to crash?

once i realized there was a cap like this with convertXtoDVD i decided I would just break these videos up into 2-3 DVDs if I had to.....i just wasn't able to do that either
    Quote Quote  
  7. OK now I got curious and found my (old) ConvertXtoDVD. Here is how it goes: Add one file (Press Ins). This will create a Titleset (VTS). Now use Ctrl+A to add 99 Titles to this Titleset. Start Titleset #2 by adding a file and add the next 99 files using Ctrl+A (or the second symbol on the right below the plus sign) and so on (and for quality consideration I would probably stop at a max playtime around 4 hrs)

I don't know why it would chrash but I would expect it to have a limit of 99 VTS each with 99 files (Titles)
    Quote Quote  
  8. giving it another go this weekend and i'll report back

thanks mucho!
    Quote Quote  
  9. whelp tried again as you suggested and this time everything was going fine for a bit until i got an "out of memory" error message oi vey what to do???
    Quote Quote