VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    First post here guys. Have a question about creating a blu ray from a mkv or mp4 file. I'm using Leawo Blu ray creator software to author the blu ray and also burning. Program really doesn't have many advanced settings, i can't choose fps.... Once I burn the movie and play it.. it starts out ok but the longer you watch , the more it starts to get out of sync. Until soon it's a couple seconds off. I'm not really sure what I'm doing wrong. I feel as if it has something to do with the frames per second or something. Just not sure. Any suggestions would be helpful. If anyone know's of any better programs to use feel free to throw that into as well. Freeware or not.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Use Avchdcoder, bdtoavchd or multiavchd. All free.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    k getting one.. what about handbrake ? same thing right ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No. Handbrake just re-encodes content to mp4 or mkv containers.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    ok...... i got avchdcoder, installed and tried to run program.. got process going and it will only go about 5 seconds. Errorcode 0x0401

right after extracting is done. any ideas ?
    Quote Quote  
  6. That error code indicates you're not properly configured.

You need AviSynth, ffdshow, and Haali, and it's wise to use the specific versions the author of the program has tested. AVCHDCoder has a handy configuration test utility, have you used it?

Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    what do you mean needed all three of those programs ? avcdcoder will not take a mkv video and make it into a iso ??? im new to taking mkv to iso. thanks for advice...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That means you'll need to have AVISynth, ffdshow, and the Haali splitter installed (most likely, the versions recommended by AVCHDCoder's author), in order to use AVCHDCoder.

I'm not sure if it'll create an ISO, but it should generate the AVCHD structure you'll need. From there, you can just burn/write it to a disc (or USB flash drive).
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    ok got all 3 installed and testing if i can get config correct. While doing tester everything passes except the 2nd = VC1 should i change to 64bit or stay at 32? By the way ... you all are being so helpful ! thank you thank you
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    Windows 7 os
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry, was out for the weekend.

Unfortunately, I don't use AVCHDCoder, so I probably won't be of much help. But it's probably a 32-bit program, for the most part, so chances are, you should keep everything 32-bit. (Unless I'm misunderstanding something that's a function of AVCHDCoder...)
    Quote Quote