VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi All,

I've been using DVDLab Pro 2, for my DVD's project, but now since I made the jump to Blu-Ray, I'm curious to know which software does it best?

1. Will DvdLab Pro 2 push out an upgrade to handle Blu-Ray? I would live to keep using this program to generate my Blu-Ray needs if possible.

2. If DvdLab Pro 2, can't handle Blu-Ray, what other software is near or better than Dvd Pro 2 in generating Blu-Ray disk?

Thanks.

Matt
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    There's not much out there unless you want to spend quite a bit, or want very basic features. : https://www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/authoring-bd-hd-dvd
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    There are free solutions if you don't need to get too crazy. tsmuxer is fine if you don't need menus. multiAVCHD works well for a lot of people but there are a small number of BluRay players that simply won't play what it produces - period. My Momitsu is sadly one of those. multiAVCHD supports menus but if it doesn't work for you then you are out of luck as it has been abandoned by its author. I'm neither recommending them nor am I saying that for sure you shouldn't buy them as I'm not a fan of either company or their products but Ulead and Cyberlink I think have some relatively cheap BluRay authoring programs available. I have no idea if DVDLab will ever support BluRay. But the fact that they do not yet do so is not encouraging.

Please note that if you are specifically looking to burn BluRay content on DVD media that you may face issues that won't happen if you stick to burning to BD media. Some BluRay players are fussier than others about BluRay content on DVD discs and you basically just have to try stuff until you find something that works on your player.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by redwudz View Post
    There's not much out there unless you want to spend quite a bit, or want very basic features. : https://www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/authoring-bd-hd-dvd
    ah, not so red... there are many great software for bluray authoring.... hmmm lets list just a few I have and use.

sony vegas, nero 15 had a great softare, leowa bluray creator, ashampoo, imtoo blurary creator, xillisoft blurary creator, that is just a few, there are others that I have used. recently lost hard drive and I am starting over so I can't remember a couple of them lol... but all of these can easily be found on the net. many have trials or shareware versions others you can check for cracks. some great software there. I especially love to take four or five avi movies and make a bluray movie out of them, lol... it is great... just one disk for five or six movies and bluray with menu and everything.... I wish I could remember the one I was using before the crash it was great, had fancy 3d menu systems and all it was cool.... try those you will love them...

the bot
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I don't think they all had blu-ray support 2012....please check the date.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dlbott View Post
    Originally Posted by redwudz View Post
    leowa bluray creator, ashampoo, imtoo blurary creator, xillisoft blurary creator, that is just a few, there are others that I have used
    Leawo Blu-Ray Creator, Ashampoo, Imtoo Blu-Ray Creator, and Xillisoft Blu-Ray Creator are all crapware.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    ......many have trials or shareware versions others you can check for cracks....
    Please read our rules before posting. Do not advocate Warez.

Moderator redwudz
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Originally Posted by redwudz View Post
    leowa bluray creator, ashampoo, imtoo blurary creator, xillisoft blurary creator, that is just a few, there are others that I have used
    Leawo Blu-Ray Creator, Ashampoo, Imtoo Blu-Ray Creator, and Xillisoft Blu-Ray Creator are all crapware.
    Sorry red, not advocating, was just stating a fact. They all do have bluray support, as far as crap I have used them all and made some really slick bluray's with them. Put several videos on a bluray. you can add transitions, text, music, the whole bit.... they are all easy to use and definitely not crap. I have settled on nero and one other which escapes my memory right not... lost computer recently and it was one that was not backed up and lost my order email lol. memory loss is terrible thing folks, take your ginko lol... try nero 15, they have a trial. if you have your video's converted the way you want and all nice and tight it really works well. it is great for putting all your vacation and phone video's etc on a bluray. you can also add or make picture video slide blurays and get every picture you ever took on there lol...

there are allot of great templates and transitions you can download for it... especially like the live 3d ones.... they interact when you click on them with sound effects etc... really cool... and there are lots of them to choose from.... the others can do the same thing and are cheaper than nero and they are all about the same as far as using them....

don't listen to the nay sayers.... you will be happy working with any of these... they all have shareware versions or trials... nero might be problematic on that front but they do run trials every once in a while.... going to check out the blurary I made last night.... later...

if you need any help hit me up... I would go nero if you can, can't go wrong there....

the bot
    Quote Quote