VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi guys, just got a LG 60PZ550 3D plasma tv and I was wondering how can I play my 3D bluray video files (that are on my computer) on my tv with the best quality. I know I can not use my 4 gb usb flash for anything over 4gb.(most of my video files are 8 to 50 GBs) No external Hard drive over 4 gb is recognized by the tv. I do not want to buy a expensive media player. My laptop does not go to 1920X1080 res. or have 3d capablity. How can I watch these 8+GB 3D movies on my tv? I have a bluray burner but unless it is a iso file, I do not know how to convert a top quality bluray video file on to a 25 gb BD discs. Please someone HELP!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    depends. if they are true blu-ray 3d format using the multiview video coding (MVC), they have to be on blu-ray disc as blu-ray movies. other than that it depends on what the tv can use as 3d; 1/2 side by side?, 1/2 top and bottom? and what format the videos are. about all that will normally work is a dlna system with player and storage unit. could be a blu-ray player and dlna software on your computer with a network connection between them.

can't be that many of them, there are only about a dozen 3d movies worth watching anyway.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    depends. if they are true blu-ray 3d format using the multiview video coding (MVC), they have to be on blu-ray disc as blu-ray movies. other than that it depends on what the tv can use as 3d; 1/2 side by side?, 1/2 top and bottom? and what format the videos are. about all that will normally work is a dlna system with player and storage unit. could be a blu-ray player and dlna software on your computer with a network connection between them.

can't be that many of them, there are only about a dozen 3d movies worth watching anyway.
    Thanks for the reply. My tv can do side by side, top, bottom. The video files are mkv or avi format. I am assuming they are not true 3d bluray files. can you recommend a dlna system, player and storage unit? I have nero mediahome 4 which came with the tv and works but it will not let me change the 3d format on the tv.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i use an lg bd670 blu-ray player for playing video files off my network to the tv. but it's the tv that must be put in the right mode for the video file not the media server. most 3d tv remotes have a 3d button and then the options of what type of 3d video it is. another pc dlna client is serviio. a dedicated nas raid setup is nice to have on your network as it always there even if the computer is off.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    i use an lg bd670 blu-ray player for playing video files off my network to the tv. but it's the tv that must be put in the right mode for the video file not the media server. most 3d tv remotes have a 3d button and then the options of what type of 3d video it is. another pc dlna client is serviio. a dedicated nas raid setup is nice to have on your network as it always there even if the computer is off.
    Thanks for the reply. I am getting the same Bluray player in the mail today! I know the tv has to be in 3d mode but when I start to play the 3d file over nero's mediahome 4 server direct to the tv, the 3d button will not let me select any other the options(side by side or top/bottom. The options are greyed out) Is it possible to plug in an external hdd to the bluray player and play the very large video files I was talking about?

Edit: I just tried another 3d video file with nero mediahome 4 and it let me change the 3d setting this time. Thanks for the help. I have been researching dlna media servers and a lot of people are saying mezzmo, serviio, or Wild Media Server are the best. the other 2 you have to buy
    Last edited by mad555; 13th Jan 2012 at 10:20.
    Quote Quote  
  6. You mean to say LG 32LW4500 3D LED LCD TV wont play 3d movies routed through my PC ?

Shall the same job will do by blue ray player LG BD660.. Connected with Portable hard drive ?
    Actually my tv doesn't support DTS audio and limited frame rate 8 to 30 frp

I want to play 3d movies bypassing PC or any external media...

Please suggest best for me
    Quote Quote