VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Sure I'm being very stupid, but cannot get RipBot to use anything other than the C drive for the temp folder. Would someone please be kind enough to tell me exactly how to do it. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Tried this already. Change: StoreTempFilesin=C To something like: StoreTempFilesin=D:\... Yes? Doesn't seem to work though. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe I can help since i changed where ripbot stores the temp. What i did was delete everything in the line up to temp= and after the = i put what hard drive i want it to use for temp files. Like for ex: On my desktop i typed this TEMP=N:/ripbot temp and it works. You do still gotta edit the ini to tell it what drive to use. If you use my info without the name of my drive your problem will be shoved. Everytime i use ripbot it uses my n drive folder i created for it. If you have any more questions feel free to ask.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Wizard23 View Post
    Maybe I can help since i changed where ripbot stores the temp. What i did was delete everything in the line up to temp= and after the = i put what hard drive i want it to use for temp files. Like for ex: On my desktop i typed this TEMP=N:/ripbot temp and it works. You do still gotta edit the ini to tell it what drive to use. If you use my info without the name of my drive your problem will be shoved. Everytime i use ripbot it uses my n drive folder i created for it. If you have any more questions feel free to ask.
    Thanks Wizard23. OK so this is what my.ini file now says: TEMP=D:\RipBot264temp Still no joy...
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When i first edited the ini for temp part i had ripbot open so the changes didn't take effect until i closed ripbot and reopened it.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Yep, tried that. Still no good. What is going on here?!
    Quote Quote  
  7. OK, no changes I make in the ini file are making any difference. E.g. Output path, default container etc. I'm obviously being dim; just not sure how.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    TEMP=D:\RipBot264temp
    TEMP=N:/ripbot temp

One of you has a forward / in the path
    the other has a \

does it matter or is it a mistype?
    There's not much to do but then I can't do much anyway.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It was missed type. I put my n folder as a ex: for jotpilot. At my desktop its typed correctly.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Seems the question is why are none of my .ini changes affecting ripbot? To clarify obviously I make the changes, close ripbot and reopen it.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Finally got StoreTempFilesin=AUTO to do the trick (everything else in .ini file default). Other settings still not doing anything for me. Weird.
    Quote Quote  
  12. OK all seems to be working now. Really don't know what was going on. Me being a muppet I guess.

Thanks for the help all anyway.
    Quote Quote