VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There are AVCHD video files stored on my computer, in the same directoy. Inside a directory named "BDMV", there are 3 folders named "CLIPINF", "PLAYLIST", and "STREAM", and 2 files named "INDEX.BDM" and "MOVIEOBJ.BDM". All video files (with .MTS extension) are stored inside "STREAM" folder. Inside the "CLIPINF" folder, there are a lot of files with ".CPI" extension.

The size of the whole BDMV folder is just too large and cannot be burned into 1 DVD disc. Therefore, I would like to create multiple DVD discs storing different video files.

I would like to make the DVD discs can be played on AVCHD players. I don't have blu-ray disc burner.

The solution is to first make a backup copy of the BDMV directory by copying everything inside into another BDMV directory, and then remove some video files.

Can anybody suggest what should I do to make my goal success?

If I remove some video files, what else should I do? Any files need to be edited?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I think multiavchd can split it.

Or else could you shrink it with BDtoAVCHD or avchdcoder.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post

Does it need re-encoding?

I don't want to reencode because I worry that the videos may lost quality.

I just want to delete files.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post

Does it need re-encoding?

I don't want to reencode because I worry that the videos may lost quality.

I just want to delete files by using computer.

So, any other suggestion?
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Load the m2ts files into multiavchd till you get to around 4 gb,then author as a new avchd,then add the other mts files and author another avchd with the other mts files if wanted or just delete them.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    Load the m2ts files into multiavchd till you get to around 4 gb,then author as a new avchd,then add the other mts files and author another avchd with the other mts files if wanted or just delete them.
    First, I tried with just one video file. Lets say the file name is "00000.mts". The file size of that file is 6.09MB. Regardless of whether I rename the file extension to m2ts or not, I tried to add that file into multiAVCHD. Then, in multiAVCHD, I select an output folder, then clicked "Start", and then clicked "AVCHD Disc". After that, in the output folder, I found that the size of output file "00000.m2ts" is 5.98MB.

Do this mean the file has been re-encoded? What am I doing wrong? I don't want re-encoding. How to solve this problem?

Beside, in the output directory, multiAVCHD created extra files like "80002.m2ts", "83001.m2ts" and more. "An extra directory named "BACKUP" has been created also. Are these files and directories safe to delete? Because I want to keep the structure of the output directory same as the original directory. Is it possible?

My requirement are just simple:
    1. The structure of the output directory same as the original, with no extra files or directories being created.
    2. No re-encoding of video files.

And, when using multiAVCHD, its components, like AVSInfo.exe, always crash.
    Quote Quote