VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm making some AVCHD disks to archive HD home movies. When I load videos into Toast, dual layer disks don't seem to allow me to put in more movies than a single layer disk - maybe just a few more. Any thoughts on why this is the case?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You sure you are trying to burn -data- DVDs and not -video- DVDs?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    My iMac claims that its burner supports DVD+R DL but I have NEVER NEVER NEVER using ANY program, even using ImgBurn under a Windows VM, been able to successfully burn a dual layer DVD with my POS Optiarc burner in the iMac. Unless you are absolutely sure that your burner will correctly burn a dual layer DVD, Toast may possibly be trying to save you from making a coaster. It wasn't critical that I be able to burn DL discs with my iMac so I just gave up trying to make it work. It stopped being worth gambling on DL discs since there are no RW ones and every DVD+R DL disc I used on the iMac (I ONLY use Verbatim DVD+R DL by the way) became a coaster no matter what I did. If you have successfully burned DL media with your Mac then you should definitely ignore what I said.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I never get more than a few weeks proper performance from Toast after a clean installation. It's almost not worth messing with it any more. If all you need to do is burn a data DVD, why not just insert it into your Mac and "Open Finder" when asked. Then just drag the videos to the disc (keeping track of the amount of data - leave a few hundred MB free) and click "Burn". Burn at half speed max.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the replies, guys. Actually, an AVCHD disk is a video disk that plays like a blu-ray on most all bluray players. Some call it a mini-bluray disk. Jman, I have certainly had my problems burning DVDDLs, expecially from finder. I have burned many successfully with Burn for OSX. You might want to give a leftover Verbatim disk a try. DVD-R DL didn't work at all, but DVD+DL have. Rumples, perhaps to your point I should try reinstalling Toast sometime. Maybe I'll just try overloading the DL disk with files and see what happens... If it won't burn it, maybe I'll just have it create the disk image and then burn with Burn. Thanks for helping me to think this out, guys!
    Quote Quote