VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just got a Toshiba BDX2250 Wifi built-in bluray/DVD player and am very happy watching Youtube so far. I prepped it for Netflix streaming. The bluray disc plays great too. The only thing missing for me is Hulu. How can I add Hulu? Is it possible? If so, please explain how.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    if it's not on the streaming menu it isn't possible.

firmware update maybe?
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Beg Toshiba to add the functionality to the firmware. Don't hold your breath though. There's only so much a firmware can do and the space to do it in is not infinite.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Look into that roku box thats out there. I think the basic model is only like 50.00 usd. I'm not sure if its wifi on the budget model but I'm 99% certain it can do hulu plus.

Be warned hulu plus is the only option for settop boxes. You can't get the free hulu on the boxes.

The only way you SORT OF can is with playon streaming software (and maybe tversity not sure). The pay version of playon can setup your streaming accounts with different websites on your dlna playback unit. However you have to have a computer on and networked to your receiving unit. Its not the same as watching it on your computer.

And hulu plus is like 10.00 a month or whatever the rate is.

Just thought I'd mention that upfront.

Other units like the wdtv live and the rest are now supporting hulu plus. Just make sure you read the box before buying to make sure.

Oh and the ps3 and xbox 360 also do hulu plus now.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for all the quick replies. Especially thank you, yoda313. I did not realize they only do Hulu Plus. I wanted to stream free Hulu since my tv antenna doesn't catch ABC channel. I will just connect my laptop to the tv when I want to watch free Hulu.
    Quote Quote  
  6. For free Hulu I use PlayOn on a pc and stream from that to a WDTV Live. Your Blu-ray player doesn't support DLNA though.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by lsk13
    since my tv antenna doesn't catch ABC channel.
    You should look into investing in a better or different style antenna if that is your main concern.

Now depending on geography if you are in a valley or something you may be out of luck if its a line of sight issue.

You could also look into basic stripped down cable packages that only offer a bare minimum of channels - just the locals and stuff. Probably not available in hd that way but you could get a reasonable price on a suite of ota channels if you have trouble bringing in the reception.

Check around your area for possible deals if you have significant reception issues. It might be worth the cost if it saves you the aggrevation and missed tv and sports.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I went through most basic ATSC reception issues in this thread just so I wouldn't need to repeat.
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/342211-Does-Bigger-Better-when-it-comes-to-TV-Anten...hlight=antenna

If your situation is different, post the plots and ask your question.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    never mind
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  10. Should of bought a LG or Sony Blu-ray player, they support DLNA and have the Hulu Plus app.
    Quote Quote