VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So for Christmas I got Vegas 11 and the Hauppauge HD DVR model 1212, with the complete intention of making a Modern Warfare 3 montage with a buddy of mine. However, the saved m2ts file crashes Vegas 11. Oddly, it works perfectly fine in Vegas Movie Studio 9. Please help, I've tried nearly everything from unistalling the Hauppauge and reinstalling it manually with the driver for Macs off the Hauppauge website, to downloading sketchy 7z files. I'd use .mp4 but it cuts off everything but the upper lefthand corner of the clip. Thank you so much for any help you can give. I'm not esspecially fluent in computer jargon but I'm a quick learner.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by soccawalka5 View Post
    So for Christmas I got Vegas 11 and the Hauppauge HD DVR model 1212, with the complete intention of making a Modern Warfare 3 montage with a buddy of mine. However, the saved m2ts file crashes Vegas 11. Oddly, it works perfectly fine in Vegas Movie Studio 9. Please help, I've tried nearly everything from unistalling the Hauppauge and reinstalling it manually with the driver for Macs off the Hauppauge website, to downloading sketchy 7z files. I'd use .mp4 but it cuts off everything but the upper lefthand corner of the clip. Thank you so much for any help you can give. I'm not esspecially fluent in computer jargon but I'm a quick learner.
    Vegas is much happier with mp4 wrappers. Use tsmuxer.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Oh okay thanks, would you be able to run me through how to use the link?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just record from the HDPVR to .MP4 instead of m2ts. Look in the bottom lefthand corner of the home screen.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hmm, I thought tsmuxer had a mp4 output option.

I demuxed to elementary h.264 and ac3 streams as shown below.

Vegas took the h.264 elementary stream but rejected the AC3 audio. Can the HD-PVR output audio as mp2 or wav?

Click image for larger version

Name:	tsMuxeR.png
Views:	927
Size:	127.3 KB
ID:	10373
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Bdwzr i tried mp4 and it zooms in on the upper left hand corner of the video, and the audio is removed and causes vegas to crash. As for the other audio formats it only records in AC3 and AAC
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Here's my settings:

Try this, and if it still doesn't work, you need to install the K-Lite codec pack. http://www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm.

Do the "Standard" install, without the media player. Then restart Vegas and you're good to go. If you're using Win7 64 bit Vegas, you need to also install the 64 bit K-Lite pack. Both packs can live on the same machine, no problem.

And in case somebody chimes in here that codec packs are evil, consider that they come from the most trusted people in the computer world. The Open Source Developers. They are absolutely safe if you don't dink around with them.

Name:	snap176.jpg
Views:	803
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	10375

Name:	snap177.jpg
Views:	4137
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	10376
    Last edited by budwzr; 4th Jan 2012 at 12:04.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Oh okay, thank you so much for time man, it means a lot. So how exactly do I use the codecs? I just saved it to a folder of mine.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You don't use them, Vegas will use them. Just run the installation file, then forget about it and leave it alone.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by budwzr View Post
    Do the "Standard" install, without the media player. Then restart Vegas and you're good to go. If you're using Win7 64 bit Vegas, you need to also install the 64 bit K-Lite pack. Both packs can live on the same machine, no problem.
    And try to actually read the whole post.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry about that, must've been reading too fast. So I got the audio to work great, now my only problem is that .mp4 format only provides a fraction of the screen. I set to the properties to match the media settings and tried to crop but neither fixed the problem.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Some versions of the HDPVR or certain firmware versions might cause problems

One way to get it working properly is a convoluted workaround that involves re-wrapping with ffmbc . Look on page 2

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/338538-Problems-with-Sony-vegas-and-my-HD-PVR-Repos...-another-forum
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/341511-Reducing-the-frame-rate-of-M2TS-files-from-1...60fps-or-lower
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah I noticed this thread earlier before I decided to try to get personal help. I followed all of those steps but it didn't seem to change anything. Does your method of using the ffmbc to wrap .m2ts also apply for .mp4? It sucks cause .mp4 is nearly perfect besides the screen cutoff, and .m2ts seems fine besides the fact it crashes Vegas.
    Quote Quote  
  14. I don't remember, I think I only tested .m2ts . There were a few people that got it working with that workaround

I don't have the HDPVR anymore, and mine was 1st gen (files worked ok in vegas as is)
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Okay so when I go to open the ffmbc file it asks which program i should use to open it, do I need to download a .7z opener? Continued help from anyone on how to adjust the screen for .mp4 would be much appreciated as well.
    Last edited by soccawalka5; 4th Jan 2012 at 17:10.
    Quote Quote  
  16. 7z is an archive format like zip and rar

Free & open source with better compression

http://www.7-zip.org/
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah...so nothing works. Too much work and apparently know one knows how to deal with this problem. Returning the HD PVR.
    Quote Quote  
  18. They work fine in premiere , so it's clearly a Vegas incompatibility problem.

Maybe you could try contacting Sony or Hauppauge

The workaround isn't that bad. You just double click the bat file. Or are you saying it didn't work for you ?

Vegas is really buggy these days. Lots of crashes, not just with these files. Seems to get worse each release. Used to be the other way around a few years ago, Premiere was the one that would crash all the time but the newest versions are much more stable
    Last edited by poisondeathray; 6th Jan 2012 at 14:15.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The HDPVR comes with software to convert to whatever you want. It's a no brainer.

As far as Vegas, it's just a codec issue. Run a file analyzer that can check the codec matrix.

Hauppage is the one that changed the product.
    Last edited by budwzr; 6th Jan 2012 at 17:03.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Hittin' buttons since '97 Kraiven's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Has anyone had any headway with this?

So far the only thing that has worked for me is to download the 1.6 firmware from the site and record in mp4.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    In the HDPVR, you can choose the audio. Try the AAC.

If you're wanting DVD audio, convert to PCM or AC-3 later.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Hittin' buttons since '97 Kraiven's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I was talking about the .m2ts only showing audio in Vegas problem. I WAS routing the problem by recording .mp4, but now I can't even use the .mp4 vids because it comes out zoomed. Hauppauge's answer to this problem? "while we are working to fix the problem, record in .m2ts"
    Quote Quote  
  23. Hittin' buttons since '97 Kraiven's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    bumping this thread because Hauppauge fixed the vegas mt2s problem.
    They put up a beta firmware upgrade.

http://www.hauppauge.com/site/support/support_hdpvr.html?tab=5

It's worked so far!
    Quote Quote