VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey everyone,

I am working on a project in Sony Vegas MS9P in which I want sparks to come out of a sliding object. I put the sparks footage on an overlay track, chroma keyed it, etc. Then I went to event pan/crop to keyframe the sparks to the sliding object, using the video preview as a reference. I noticed that each time I went to the next keyframe, instead of the sparks staying in the same place as the last keyframe, it jumped to another place on the screen. That being said, I made a test render and instead of the sparks staying with the object like in the video preview, it jumped all over the screen. So basically the video preview is inaccurately displaying the keyframed sparks footage, which causes me to accidentally keyframe in the wrong places. I'm not very skilled nor do I know much about the inner workings of Vegas, but I have tried everything I could think of to fix it, including disabling fx, changing video clips, formats, and resolutions, changing preview quality, editing event pan/crop's keyframe interpolation and settings, etc, all to no avail. I've been using this program for a couple of years now and have never come across this problem before; Keyframing has always worked fine for me. Does anybody out there know of a way that I could fix this problem? It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Erik
    Quote Quote  
  2. I know this solution is going to be as aggravating as the problem but in desperation I once split my footage down to 1 second intervals and keyed each section individually. Painful. But it worked. I have not discovered why keyframing intermittently gets whacky on some footage but not all. Soz.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Pan/Crop is the wrong tool. Try Track Motion.
    Quote Quote