VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello!

I have a VOB file containing LPCM audio, which I would like to add as a title in a project in DVDstyler, without re-encoding the audio.

DVDstyler correctly recognises the audio as LPCM and allows me to select "Copy" to copy this stream unchanged to the output. The problem is that it seems to incorrectly "flag" the audio as AC-3 in the output.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a DVDstyler bug?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I don't think DVDStyler allows LPCM output, it is probably recoding the audio to ac3?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the reply!

DVDstyler is not recoding the audio - it is correctly copying the input stream directly to the output, but incorrectly flagging the audio stream as AC-3. VLC can actually play the authored DVD successfully, presumably because it is intelligent enough to realise that it's actually seeing LPCM data rather than AC-3, but both of my stand-alone DVD players report that the audio is AC-3, and therefore can't understand the data and produce silence.

I tried the latest Beta version of DVDStyler this evening, and it's behaving the same.

I'm hoping it's just me overlooking something, rather than a DVDStyler problem. I really love DVDStyler!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hmm you could try the DVDStyler forums, except they aren't very active. Or maybe emailing the developer direct? But post back here if you get a response. SOrry I'm not much help.
    Quote Quote