VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have this movie Monster vs Aliens in 1/2 sbs. When I stream it from my computer with WDTV Live, it plays fine on my Panasonic 50ST30 but with Dutch Subtitles . When I try turn off the dutch subtitles , the movie suddenly becomes 2D and I can only then watch it in 2D to 3D mode. Not sure why.

I tried to remove the subs using MKVMergeGUI but there is no subtitle track shown . I only see the video track and two sound tracks . Does this mean the subs are hard coded in Dutch or is there anything I should do to view the subs? ( if they are hard coded then why can I remove them in 2D mode? )

BTW I am using version 4xx of MKVmerge .

Any suggestions ?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    somethings not right. if it's sbs and you turn off the subs and it becomes 2d then you would be watching 2 half pictures side by side and 2d->3d wouldn't be of any use as it would be unwatchable.

if subs aren't listed by mkvmerge but in the video they are hardcoded and can't be turned off.

it can't be both ways.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I found the problem . There was a dutch .srt file along with the mkv video in the same folder. Removing the .srt file solved the problem. I
    also used MKVmergeGUI to remove the dutch audio . Now everything work as it should. I should inspected the movie folder more carefully.
    Quote Quote