VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. There seems to be some useless folders created when I author a Bluray disc with MultiAVCHD:

details.txt
    multiAVCHD.mpf
    HDAVCTN folder which contains thumbnail pictures

In the BDMV folder:

The AUXDATA folder contains a file called "multiAVCHD.mpf"

When I delete all the above stuff my disc still plays in my PS3 but I'm just wondering if I need the above stuff for it to play in other Bluray players?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Nope,they are just leftover stuff.I wouldn't delete the auxdata folder though.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks. So I should keep the AUXDATA folder but can I delete the multiAVCHD.mpf file inside the folder?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    Nope,they are just leftover stuff.I wouldn't delete the auxdata folder though.
    Why is that ?

I am going to try multiAVCHD for the first time tonight so i don't have any experience with it.
    But of the Blurays i have backed up i never saw an "auxdata" folder so i would tend to think that is something from multiAVCHD and is not needed for bluray playback.

Originally Posted by holygamer View Post
    When I delete all the above stuff my disc still plays in my PS3 but I'm just wondering if I need the above stuff for it to play in other Bluray players?
    Over the last few days i have backed up my first 10 Blurays to 25gb BD-R with only the BDMV folder and it only contained these folders,

BACKUP
    CLIPINF
    PLAYLIST
    STREAM
    (files)
    index.bdmv
    MovieObject.bdmv
    And i did not need the "CERTIFICATE" folder either for playack on my 2 standalone Bluray player's.
    And it does not seem to be a deciding factor in PC Software playback either, as i have had some playback without the "CERTIFICATE" folder & some NOT playback with it, and vice versa....

But I am new to the whole bluray ripping, backing up, converting process so i am sure there are many things i am missing and/or still need to learn.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This all depends on the player. These files take next to no space.

For AVCHD folders, they can contain valuable metadata.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  6. Yes, depends on the player. I'd keep the AUXDATA folder and lose the rest.

There was a thread a couple years ago about BDRB compatibility on BD standalones at Doom9. Seems most players expected to see the AUXDATA folder. Except for Samsungs with specific firmware.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=146339&highlight=standalone+results

I don't have a good answer as to what purpose it serves, but that chart is suggestive.

Good luck.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote