VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. About a month ago, I bought a 25-spindle of Sony "Accucore" +R media, on sale @ Walgreens. The ID was SONY-D21-00 & every disc (movie backups) burned & played perfectly fine. More recently, however, Walgreens had what appeared to be the same media on sale, again, only that it came is a 15-spindle. Big mistake! These ID on these are MBIPG101-R05-01 & they're junk! They appeared to burn, OK. But they wouldn't stop mistracking/freezing/pixellating when played in my DVD deck (a Sony DVP-NC665P). A few even screwed up on the computer. Funny thing is, the topsides on both media types look exactly the same!
    Like a flea circus at a dog show!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Either you care enough to buy media that you know for a fact is good or you do not. It is just that simple.

I avoid Sony because they sometimes use the best manufacturers and they sometimes use one of the worst. It's not worth the trouble to me to try figure out which spindle is which when I can just buy Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim's DataLifePlus discs and I know what I am getting. From what I've heard Sony is using the best manufacturers less and less these days and the bad (cheap) ones more and more.

Price point is obviously your first consideration and you got burned. You gambled to save some money and you lost. It's what happens.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Was more of just being down @ Walgreens & finding the smaller spindles on sale. Since I had good luck w/ the Sony-ID media, I chanced it. Was only after burning a few of the "bad" that I found the different ID. Really wasn't worth my trouble to take the remainder back for a whole five bucks.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    Either you care enough to buy media that you know for a fact is good or you do not. It is just that simple.
    Amen!!!

I can just buy Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim's DataLifePlus discs and I know what I am getting.
    Can't say it any better than that!!!

Price point is obviously your first consideration and you got burned. You gambled to save some money and you lost. It's what happens.
    ROLL the DICE and see what you come up with!!!
    Oops!!!!
    CRAPS!!!!!!

Walgreens is probably not in the top 10 brick and mortar stores i would buy DVDR media from.....
    And there are maybe like.....
    Oh wait.... NO B&M stores!!!

Hell, why not go into a Biglots and buy whatever brand DVDR media they have for sale on the shelf....
    LMAO!!!!

I would not buy ANY $ony media!!!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Everyone's certainly entitled to their opinions. But I don't really see the problem w/ buying media from local B&M stores -- nothing wrong w/ helping out the local economy. Nor Sony (until now). I used to buy the "good stuff" Sony media in 50-spindles @ Walmart. After they remodeled their electronics department, they got rid of everything except Memorex.
    Quote Quote