VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok im using the hd component cables on ps3 and thy work on my tv but i cant seem to get anything to work with the intensity pro been having this problem for a while

really frustrating trying to figure it out im not getting any picture on my tv or my pc using latest 9.0 drivers and media express is there any tutorials for using the new ones anywere all i can find on youtube is old driver tuts and nothing much for xsplit and intensity pro

my settings on intensity pro are

output hdmi and component

set input component video and analog

ps3 is on 720p which i use in media express 3.0
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by digitalpimp View Post
    ok im using the hd component cables on ps3 and thy work on my tv but i cant seem to get anything to work with the intensity pro been having this problem for a while

really frustrating trying to figure it out im not getting any picture on my tv or my pc using latest 9.0 drivers and media express is there any tutorials for using the new ones anywere all i can find on youtube is old driver tuts and nothing much for xsplit and intensity pro

my settings on intensity pro are

output hdmi and component

set input component video and analog

ps3 is on 720p which i use in media express 3.0

digitalpimp

What OS are you running. The 9.0 version only runs on Win 7.

rcubed
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    im using windows 7 32 bit do you have skype so i can try get some live chat help on this ?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by digitalpimp View Post
    im using windows 7 32 bit do you have skype so i can try get some live chat help on this ?
    digitalpimp,

I just read the pdf file that comes with the Desktop Video package. It indicates that the 9.0 version is exclusively for win 7 64 bit. You could try running the 8.0 version. I believe that will work on Win 7.

Sorry I don't have skype.

rcubed
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ahh ok will try 8.0 see if it makes a difference but bm control panel still pops up and sees it
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    is there any new tutorials for the new software 8.0 or over wise all the tuts ive seen are like 3.6 something i think it just maybe something im doing wrong not sure
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    digitalpimp,
    Had you previously had the card and the software installed and working and this only happened after you installed the 9.0 version? Or is this the initial install of the software and card.

Did you do a remove of the version 9.0 before you installed the version 8? Probably the best way is to 1) remove 9.0, 2) reboot and not let Windows do anything with installing the drivers on the reboot until after ver 8.x is installed and the PC rebooted. 3) On the reboot following the 8.0 software/driver install when Win wants to look for the drivers you may have to point Win 7 to the folder into which BM installed the drivers (in the drivers subfolder under black magic program directory - at least in XP). If you have the install disk, you can probably skip step 2 and let win search for the drivers on the install disk during the install process.

I'm not sure what you mean by the BM control panel pops up. There is an option somewhere in the Control Panel application or the capture program, that lets you turn off automatic launching of the BM software when you boot the PC. I have a dual boot on both of my PCs with Win XP pro (32 bit) and Win 7 Pro (64 bit). I have ATI graphics cards in the computer and had to go to an earlier level versions of the ATI Video drivers to be able to see the preview in the capture part of the software for Win XP BUT this only happened in the XP case. Win 7 installed and worked ok with only the BM drivers.

If I remember correctly when I removed the ver 9 from the XP partition, and after I had re-installed version 8 and installed the drivers the BM control panel complained the configuration was corrupted the configuration was set to default and I had to set the capture options in the BM control panel and Media Express software. Also the type of capture you are trying to do HDMI or Component has to be set to agree in the BM control panel and in the Media Express capture application. There are three pieces of software in the version 8 software. You need to install at least the Media Express 2.3 and the Desktop Video 8.0 apps. The Disk Speed test is optional, but you will need it to test if your configuration is adequate for the kind of captures you plan on doing. The BM control panel is accessible from the Control Panel and the Media Express capture program is under the start menu/programs in the task bar.

It's been a while since I installed the BM software on my Win 7 64 bit, but it didn't require any other drivers other than what were installed by the BM install package and was easier to do than the Win XP install. On Win 7 64 bit I had to install it as a 32 bit program, but since you are running on Win 7 32 bit that should not be a problem.

There are a bunch of pdf files in the zipped install package that do a pretty good job of explaining how to use and install the software. The two you should be interested in are the Media Express manual and the Intensity Manual. I don't know if you are using the install disk or a downloaded install file from the BM site. I used the download package for all my installs, but I would think the pdf files are also on the install disk that came with the card.

There are some discussions in the forums on hooking up the BM to PS3s and external displays. Most seem to refer to the BM shuttle version, but the info there should also apply in most cases to the Pro card. I only have mine hooked up to my cable box and do not have the video output connected to an external display. So I don't have much experience there. I monitor captures with my PC display in the Media Express app. and view the resulting .avi capture file with a separate software app.

If you capture at 1920x1080i 8 bit color you need a pretty rugged (fast) HD configuration to capture and a lot of disk space. In my case it was a 3 drive RAID 0 configuration. The disk speed test app in the install package will give you some idea of what you can capture with your PC configuration. Also I disconnect from the internet, turn off the firewall software, antivirus, and any other background programs when I capture.

When I was having my display problem with XP the support from Black Magic was very good and I was able to resolve that problem relatively easily. Some people have complained about the support, but I found it very good. So if all else fails drop them a line.

Hope this helps,

rcubed
    Last edited by rcubed; 31st Dec 2011 at 01:50. Reason: typo
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    im using win 7 software 8.0 and component cables if my hard drive isn't good enough for 720p would that be the problem im not trying to record at this point in time just stream but i cant get a picture going from my BMI to my tv using hdmi out and component in even hdmi in/out didnt work

and no it wasn't working previous to 9.0 i haven't been able to get the thing to work since i got it
    Last edited by digitalpimp; 31st Dec 2011 at 15:39.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    digitalpimp,
    I assume the software and drivers installed correctly? In control panel/device manager/Sound, video and game controllers there should be two entries: Blackmagic Audio and Blackmagic Driver.

If you launch Media Express do you get the media express window? The HD would not affect being able to preview the video source, it would only be involved during capture, and if the HD was unable to keep up with the source you would get an indication in the Media Express that frames had been dropped during the capture. The default is set to stop capture if frames are dropped. It may be you are getting a HDCP protection issue with the output from the PS3. Normally you would get a screen saying the source was protected and can't be copied.

You can search the forums for multiple discussions concerning difficulties with trying to connect a PS3 to the intensity pro. Are you trying to play DVDs, or are you trying to capture game play? You could try connecting the S-video output from the PS3 (if there is one) to the intensity pro and see if that works. Are you sure that the output of the PS3 is 720p? The intensity pro will not display anything unless the card is set to exactly match the source. In the Black Magic control panel the set output setting must match your source, and in the Media Express the Edit/Preferences must match the type of input that is present.

If you have a separate DVD player (other than PS3) you could try connecting that to the Intensity Pro. You should see at least the default screen that shows up on the TV when you select the DVD player. For your DVD player you would have probably select NTCS, or NTSC Progressive assuming your DVD player is not an upscaling player. In that case you would have to select the matching frame rate and resolution.

I sounds like you are probably having the problems that a lot of other people have had when trying to connecting to a PS3. Search the forums for "PS3 and Intensity Pro"

Some examples

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/326311-Black-Magic-Intensity-Pro-Questions

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/315301-Blackmagic-Intensity-Pro-3-5-1

There is a lot to read.

Good luck,
    Let us know how it is working out.

rcubed

PS if there are any people in the forum who have hooked up a PS3 successfully you might offer you suggestions as to how you did it.
    Last edited by rcubed; 31st Dec 2011 at 17:25. Reason: typo
    Quote Quote