VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

Last week I had to reinstall my computer, but forgot to export my custom settings of handbrake. I can't remember how I did it.

There was a setting I needed to enable/disable, so I could manually change the picture height and width to 720/1280. Handbrake would simply set the output to my settings. MediaInfo confims this

Please don't tell me that it's wrong, whatever. I know that it is stretched, but I'm the only one that needs to look at it. I simply want to know which setting it was so I can convert my old dvd's again for my DLNA-tv.

Already looked in the "options" of handbreak and tried several things, but I can't remember how I did it.

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Happy new year to everyone

btw: Does anyone know how to do this? Really want to know.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    if you haven't tried it, i'd suggest vidcoder - it's a gui front-end for handbrake. it's easy to set the size you want and preview it to make sure it's as you want. as you're making 720 from dvds i'd suggest turning "decomb" on to auto and let it de-interlace as needed to create 720p.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    if you haven't tried it, i'd suggest vidcoder - it's a gui front-end for handbrake. it's easy to set the size you want and preview it to make sure it's as you want. as you're making 720 from dvds i'd suggest turning "decomb" on to auto and let it de-interlace as needed to create 720p.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	JS75S.png
Views:	334
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	10321

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thank you both. I'll check that out.

I also figured something else:
    - In version 0.9.4 there is a tab in the "options" called debug which has a single option to disable the resolution calculation. In version 0.9.5 they have removed it unfortunately.
    Quote Quote