VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi folks,

I got all excited and updated to the latest version of WinFF 1.4 ... but the darn thing is giving me Error "chcp 1252" ... I remember seeing this error long time ago when I first started using WinFF for some conversions ... but I forgot what the solution was.

I searched the net and here and I saw some folks referring to this Error ... but No Solution.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Or may bef Big Matt, the software author if he visits VH ... can chime in and tell us how to Fix this problem.

Thanks,

G!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sounds like it could be having problems with Windows not running in English (cp1252), or is trying to change to (or expecting) that encoding for whatever reason, and failing. Are you trying to convert a video whose filename is encoded in a different language? If so, try making a copy of the video with a simple filename (like 'video.avi') and see if WinFF still has the same problem with that version of the video.

Rather than hope BigMatt notices your question here, however, why not contact him directly?
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi Ai Haibara,

Thanks for the reply. Actually, I was trying just to change the Codec Header so my Media Player would stop complaining about the DivX3 Low Motion being Old ... but I had no luck.

So, then I decided to run it thru to update the Codec to XviD or DivX5 ... but the WinFF choked ... I guess I could use something else.

As far as hoping Matt to see this I thought about posting a one-liner on the Tools Thread ... probably better chance for him to see it.

G!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hi folks,

I got the Solution to my CHCP problem ... posting it here for the next person who might encounter this problem ...

1) Open WinFF
    2) go to Edit > Preferences > MS Windows > Untick "Use CHCP" > Hit "OK"
    3) Close WinFF ... you are done!

G!
    Quote Quote