VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi guys today i buy pc tv card combo Asus My Cinema-ES3-110/PTS/FM/AV/RC mine main usage wanted to be sat tv ( i have skystar-2 for many years now from first revision up to the latest 2.6d and I'm very happy with it ). Because i didnt have pci slots available anymore and wanted to dicth my also odl pinnacle analog tv card i bought this card to replace the two. The problem is that card is working excelent as analog tv card even dvb-t is working great the picture is clear and very stable, but I have problem with sat tv. I installed the drivers and I already had installed dvbviewer and progdvb ( i use them regularly with skystar-2) and rescan the devices and both found the card as asus es3-110. I rerun the scan satellite and the new card found some channels that were very weak before and skystar didn't catch them ( the satelites were astra 19,2;hotbird 13;nilsat7;hispasat 30. So far so good but when i trie to warch the chanels in dvbviewer and prog dvb it shows 28% and no picture, in windows media center founds the chanels also but when i try to watch them it says no tv signal detected ( and it found it during scan very strange ) in power cinema 5( which came with the card id didnt recognise the card at all ). I read somewhere on internet that this card has problem ( which is driver or software problem somebody solved with reinstall of the drivers ), but i tried that and even downloaded new ones from int same problem. Does anyone have any experience with these
    Quote Quote  
  2. So this new card does analog, dvb-t and dvb-s ? wow

I have a skystar 2 (dvb-s) and use dvbviewer since a few years now so i know a thing or two.
    The first thing that comes to mind is bad drivers. The second : itcan be a software problem. There is an utility that's quite useful called Transedit mcc which you may wanna use to be sure it's not a software issue (see dvbviewer member section) on their website

A third possibility: video codec problem. If you're running windows 7 which use the EVR renderer by default, certain codec will be in trouble (no picture), although by default on 7 microsoft dtv decoder is enabled (= no problem)
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
  3. So this new card does analog, dvb-t and dvb-s ? wow
    Yes all 3 in 1 in one card which i thought was brilliant and it's pci-e also. As i write you on the other post the analog and dvb-t are great ( from my cable and antenna ) but the sat is having problems ( I have motor and catch many satellites east and west even nilsat and astra 28.2 England). I tried couple combinations I only managed windows xp to make the dvbviewer to show 70-85% signal but the picture is green the whole screen ( with some random glitches and no picture)

I have a skystar 2 (dvb-s) and use dvbviewer since a few years now so i know a thing or two.
    The first thing that comes to mind is bad drivers. The second : itcan be a software problem. There is an utility that's quite useful called Transedit mcc which you may wanna use to be sure it's not a software issue (see dvbviewer member section) on their website
    Strange thing is that sky star 2 never had any problems with drivers and software. The others on many forums complain that they don't have signal at all ( one guy even returned the card 3 times) and i scan and get channels ( in dvbviewer, progdvb, even power cinema and media center) but i cant watch them

A third possibility: video codec problem. If you're running windows 7 which use the EVR renderer by default, certain codec will be in trouble (no picture), although by default on 7 microsoft dtv decoder is enabled (= no problem)
    Its ati by default i have ( radeon 5870) but i think Microsoft dtv is the same and i tried that no avail. I also suspect about driver problem or something else i don't think is hardware problem but there are only 2 driver versions for it. Here some pictures about i managed now in windows 7 to get the signal but i also get green screen. Do you think should uninstall sky star-2 card now is installed and in the pc together with the asus one.

http://imageshack.us/g/507/76582843.png/
    Quote Quote  
  4. If you use a motor maybe that's the root of the matter here, perhaps a problem with the current delivery (not enough amps ?) , just a tought i had. Ask on dvbviewer forums they should know better.

Like i said try to scan the channels with transedit mmc to be sure there is no picture
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
  5. If you use a motor maybe that's the root of the matter here, perhaps a problem with the current delivery (not enough amps ?) , just a tought i had.
    I don't use disec motor only actuators which has separate wiring 4 wires to the positioner separate from the coaxial cable directly don't interfere with the satellite signal i change satellites manual so I don't think is that. something strange is happening here and i don't think there a lot of asus sat tv users around internet.

Ask on dvbviewer forums they should know better.
    Although is not just dvbviewer problem because i tried even progdvb and the same problem and on this topic there was only 2 question from dvbviewer members so far and no specific answer so far.
    I think is something pretty messy with sat section of this card that asus doesn't want to admit. next to signal is 04-0.8 mb/s i think it should be in the 3-4 or for some channels 7-9 mb/s so something is limiting bandwidth somehow. That's why the picture doesn't want to show up but when I scan channels it scans them well in all programs ( dvbviewer, progdvb, and even media center) the lnb is mti ( i have 3 others from strong and Philips that I will try tomorrow) high line http://www.mti.com.tw/_english/02_products/03products.php?MainID=2&SID=19&ID=26 also it has 100ma power line which I don't think is the problem ( sky star 2 doesn't have any problem at all). The nxp chip is responsible for decoding and tuning ( its one ) for dvb-t and dvb-s and analog so I don't think its his fault
    So far I didn't solve this I saw only 2-4 treads about this problem so I don't think there many users that bought this card for satellite viewing and considering that majority here is in usa land ( and they have other sat system) don't think that many will have the answer I will write email to asus but i don't expect miracles from them
    Quote Quote