VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Just received a Panasonic DMP-BDT210 for Christmas. I have an older SONY Flat Panel that I had planned to use it with. The Sony is a WEGA KE-42M1. Does anyone know if this display should work with this Blue Ray? When I Power Up the Blue Ray, the message display on the BD reads "Settings", but I get no video displayed on the Sony Flat Panel. I can't set the Blue Ray Basic Settings. Is there some kind of a resolution compatibility issue? I am connecting, using a Monster HDMI cable from the Blue Ray, to the sole HDMI input on the Flat Panel, which is Input 5. I also have a Dish Network HDTV DVR receiver (VIP 722k), that I feed to the Sony, using an HDMI connection to the same input that works fine. The old SONY KE-42M1 is not a true High Definition set. At the time I believe, displays of this type were referred to as Enhanced HD. I do know that the TV is capable of receiving 720P and 1080I signals. The published resolution in the manual is 852 X 480. I might add that this has been a fine TV with picture quality that I still think is great. Thanks for any insight you guys can give me.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The Panasonic might be outputting 1080p by default, which the Sony will not display. You have to find another TV that will accept 1080p initially to set the Panasonic with, then set its output to 1080i or 720p. Another is, there are changes to the HDMI standard that may or may not affect TVs and signal sources connected this way, more so if they are models spaced quite a few years apart. To get around this, just use the Sony's analogue component inputs YPbPr instead. I am betting you will not be able to see the difference between HDMI and component analogue, not with an EDTV such as that Sony anyway.
    For the nth time, with the possible exception of certain Intel processors, I don't have/ever owned anything whose name starts with "i".
    Quote Quote  
  3. I would look in the manual for the player if there's any "auto detect" mode that will automatically set the resolution to the highest the set can display. If it's connected via HDMI then it may have it. You might have to push a particular button to get it to auto detect. Since your res is 480P progressive scan may be the best you can get out of it.
    http://milesaheadsoftware.org/
    Fully enabled freeware for Windows PCs.
    Quote Quote