VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi

I've read many articles in relate to this topic but there was no conclusion! So I now want to know what do you guys think from your experience!?

I've about 2TB video files that needs to be converted within the next month or so, the sooner the better! Now before I start converting these video files I want to know your opinions, all these video files must be uploaded on YouTube but I also need to have a original copy of these video files in MKV h.264, they are all in MPEG-2 TS in which every single of the videos is about 45~50 min duration and 1.5 GB in size, now I want to have the same quality but lower file size, something around 800~900 MB!

Please let me know of what do you think!
    Windows 7 64-bit, Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07GHz, 4GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series, 1TB HDD
    Quote Quote  
  2. It might make a difference if the video card is used by the video software. For example CoreAVC can use certain GPU hardware to speed up decoding, while Badaboom can use the GPU to speed up encoding.

If your encoding/decoding is purely software based, then it shouldn't make any difference at all which graphics card you use.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    AFAIK Xilisoft Video Converter can do that. It also supports multithreaded encoding. However it is not free.

I dont want to sound like promoting my software but if you are looking for a free alternative you can try my TEncoder which does multithreaded encoding. It, alas, does not support GPU encoding.
    Quote Quote