VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. what would be the best codec for exporting screencasts from camtasia studio to edit them in premiere pro cs3 ? is quicktime/apple animation the best one ? or are there better ones out there, that premiere supports ?
    Last edited by codemaster; 25th Dec 2011 at 05:49.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That depends on what the final format will be. That's the best one.

Why do you mention Apple animation? Because it's 15fps? That frame rate doesn't need to be maintained. The clip should be upsampled to the project settings.
    Last edited by budwzr; 25th Dec 2011 at 07:37.
    Quote Quote  
  3. no, because animation is the only "intermediary" format I know, that is why I've asked if there are others, or better ones than animation, and better suited for screencasts

the final, edited video, will be a .mkv with h264 and aac inside

but first I wanted to know if there are better alternatives to animation, to use as intermediary for exporting from camtasia and for exporting from premiere after editing, and then encode with staxrip

is lagarith better than apple animation for screencast videos ? or huffyuv ?
    Last edited by codemaster; 25th Dec 2011 at 08:02.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by codemaster View Post
    what would be the best codec for exporting screencasts from camtasia studio to edit them in premiere pro cs3 ? is quicktime/apple animation the best one ? or are there better ones out there, that premiere supports ?
    To export I use AVI (UT VIDEO CODEC). Its easy editable on CS3.

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  5. @ Cauptain: exactly what I was looking for, thanks, first time I hear about UT

do you know if UT is more stable than Lagarith, in Premiere Pro CS3 ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    the final, edited video, will be a .mkv with h264 and aac inside
    Your description of the final format is inadequate. Video is normally described as resolution/progressive or interlaced/frame rate. Example 720p30.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @ Cauptain: exactly what I was looking for, thanks, first time I hear about UT

do you know if UT is more stable than Lagarith, in Premiere Pro CS3 ?

The codec is MultThread and work very well in high resolutions (1080p@60fps) on Sony Vegas. Never get trouble using UT Codec.

Ah my all records are make with UT Video (suggestion from another "vh" member JAGABO)

Claudio
    Last edited by Cauptain; 25th Dec 2011 at 09:12.
    Quote Quote