VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah.. This may sound like a strange question but how do you create a FLAC audio file with multiple songs inside it? And then be able to burn that FLAC to a CD and play those songs? At the very last, I want to know how to make one.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Are you talking about the Flac/Cue combonation? I think it's a function of EAC or similar.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The typical application of a cuesheet (.CUE) with FLAC is to rip a whole CD to a FLAC image and use the cuesheet to allow your media player to play the songs within. However, there's no reason you can't concatenate multiple FLAC files (using, for example, foobar2000) representing songs from different discs and make a custom cuesheet that lays out performer and title information for each track. Imgburn can then turn the cuesheet and a WAV file created from the FLAC file into a new audio CD. This assumes of course that all audio going in is otherwise CDDA-compliant (44.1kHz, 2 channel, at least nominally 16 bit PCM).
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok. Great. Thx for the info.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    One more question guys. Is it possible to convert MP3s to a single FLAC & CUE with separate tracks?
    Quote Quote  
  6. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    ^ Of course it's possible, but I do not see the point of such conversion.

I mean, FLAC requires more storage space than MP3.
    Quote Quote  
  7. FLAC is a lossless format, while MP3 is is a a lossy audio format...

Converting songs in MP3 (where most of the good information on it) has already been lost to FLAC is pointless...
    You'd just be better off making a MEGA MP3 with all the songs on 1 big file.

LET ME ASK you one question: Are you TRANSCODING an album to make it look like you ripped from an original CD and sharing it ?
    The recipeint can spot the difference in the quality....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Rip the original CD to a new FLAC+CUE set. Too much of the quality has already been thrown out with the MP3s, and as the others have mentioned, just converting them to FLAC is going to create larger files with no advantage.

Are you hoping to create a single audio file of all the tracks on the CD? Or a CUE file of the tracks as originally arranged on the CD? Or...?
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote