VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

I have a list of URLs to stream files and a list of corresponding titles. The videos only load in QT or QT plugin, if accessed directly from the browser or downloader it's blocked.
    I can manually open each in QT then save it with the correspond title, but it takes a long time (45min for 100) and I have over 10000 to get.

So I'm looking for a tool that would automate it. I've tried to hire people to code it but they either gave up or asked too much for something that I think is fairly easy for a pro. For example it could be done in AppleScript using QT7 dictionary.

Who wants to give it a try ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    It's probably just the web page's HTML (Jscript, etc) that is blocking you. Open the page source in a text editor and find the link for the media file. Grab it and put that in as the address. It'll probably DL just fine then. If not, post back...

(Having done this many times successfully, particularly with Mp3's)

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't use the page I already have the stream URL. I'm told that the useragent needs to be QT.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Told by whom/what? Unless it's programmed into the Jscript, etc, that is TOTALLY dependent upon its media type and your own choice of plugin/player for playing that media type.

IOW, if it's a *.MOV file, you would probably need QT to play it, but you wouldn't necessary need the QT plugin to DL it. This is most often forced because of an already installed QT (+QTplugin for web browser).

If it's something like an *.MP3 or *.MP4 or *.AVI or something, there are plenty of other players and plugins.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Told by a programmer I hired and it's what he did in his perl script. The .mov can't be accessed otherwise.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Sorry, but I find that hard to believe. There hasn't been a stream YET that I wanted that I haven't been able to successfully download...

Have you got a sample URL?

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    PMed it to you. Try in QT, it works, try elsewhere it doesn't.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    That link doesn't even work in QT plugin (which I correctly have on this machine), though it does work in the QT player. BTW, I was able to pull it down - "bonjour!" ...

However, even using a few of the tools besides QT, it is likely still going to take you just that long. It's not like you are accessing an FTP folder or SMB/NFS share, you'll still have to pick it up one-by-one.

Yes, you maybe could do that with a script, but I don't have to time or inclination to do it myself (guess that's why people want to charge you something...)

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  9. You might get more input if you posted a few sample links
    Quote Quote