VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Thread
  1. Thank you so much sanlyn for this new version. I'm gonna have a deep look at it tonight and tomorrow

It looks very good.. I just have 2 comments (my very first impressions):
    - I think the deblocking could be better. The block reappear regularly (every 20 frames if I remember well)
    - some green/yellow patches appear after editing the colors.. if you see what I mean..

You spent so much time on this video.. I'm so grateful for what you did. But you really don't need to spend more time on it.. this version is almost perfect.

I have a clear version of the audio. If you want to use it, I can send it to you by pm..

thank you again
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    You're welcome, mathmax. Yes, there are still problems (obviously). Some floating green chroma noise, posterization, the bad zoom shot, and much more. Some of the blocking was smoothed by RemovedDirt which I omitted here, but I need to get deeper into its parameters for some better results. Unfortunately, I had to use a somewhat weak deblocker, as most deblockers have detail-killing side effects. I'm far from satisfied. I've reserved a folder for the original clip on an external drive. Won't get to it again right away, but I find it invaluable for learning more about Avisynth (and about my new copy of After Effects, which I still haven't learned, installed 4 months ago! Some serious AE masking and layer work will be needed to make the color better.).

Yes, I'd appreciate the audio. See if pm will take it. If not, we'll think of something.
    Last edited by sanlyn; 21st Mar 2014 at 15:57.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I began to look at your scripts and settings and try to learn from them.. thank you so much again
    I wanted to process the video with my own settings and new tests.. but unfortunately I'll not have enough time this month to finish it.

Sanlyn, what do you think of poisondeathray's idea to contact Barry Gibbs and offer him to upload a better version? You have done an amazing work on the video that could really make him realize how bad the original video was..
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Poisndeathray has a good idea, the Gibbs just might go for it. Or at least they could tell you what happened to the original, it must have been damaged somehow.

I've archived all the work to 8 DVD-R's. During the past week I learned a few more Avisynth techniques that I could try later with this video. The cut-and-join for all those 20 scenes are a headache without the right software. The TMPGenc Plus 2.5 encoder and MPEG editor were very handy there. But I also used Avisynth and VirtualDub for many cuts, and for the dissolve between shots 3 and 4.

I completely understand about the issue of time. Took quite a while for me, and I'm supposed to be accustomed to this sort of thing, I've been doing it long enough. Still, it's always a headache. Thank heaven the edits I do with decent recordings off digital cable don't require all that levels and color correction. Home videos (and even retail VHS) are a different story.
    Last edited by sanlyn; 21st Mar 2014 at 15:52.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    -30-
    Quote Quote