VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm using the Interleaving feature in VirtualDub to fix video/audio sync problems but for some reason this only helps when looking at the movie on my PC using WMP12. When I stream the movie to my PS3 which is connected via optical to my 5.1 audio system the sync problem is still there. If I on the other hand stream the movie to my Samsung SmartTV also connected via optical to my 5.1 audio system the sync problem is gone and all looks good but on the other hand the Samsung SmartTV doesn't output the sound as 5.1 but only stereo.

This has made me belive maybe the problem is when I use the Interleaving feature in VirtualDub and that it doesn't handle 5.1 sound correctly when using this feature...? Another thing maybe worth mentioning is that when I open the file I want to sync in VirtualDub and check the file information under the Audio info and looking at Compression it says "Unknown (tag 2000)" I know I've seen this in the past buy I'm not sure if it is a problem and related to this problem I have with sync. I'm using Win 7 x64 Ultimate and I'm using DirectStreamCopy in VirtualDub for both video and audio.

Any ideas or maybe there are other better alternatives to fix video/audio 5.1 sync problems?
    //Richard
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try Virtualdubmod.

streams/(right click the audio)/interleaving
    video/direct stream copy

save as a new avi.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks, I'll try that.
    //Richard
    Quote Quote  
  4. Or just remove the delay entirely using DelayCut. I don't think all devices or players will recognize the delay.

Of course, you'll have to demux the AC3 audio first, if it's not already available separately, and then mux it back in afterwards.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Bought a Boxee Box and don't see the sync problem there so guess it's the PS3 that is at fault and not VirtualDub or the sync in itself. Thanks though for your input!
    //Richard
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Same issue here. I have two audio streams, a surround 5.1 and a 2-channel stream. I am trying to delay the 5.1 stream only using VirtualdubMod. Everything seems to work fine as long as I am playing the video on my PC. But the PS3 doesn't recognize the 5.1 stream after it has been delayed. So it might indeed be a PS3 issue.

But I want to keep using my PS3, and would like to find a solution -- probably an application that would separately delay the audio file? Actually, I am now testing DelayCut to do that.
    Last edited by suroit; 22nd Jan 2012 at 08:20. Reason: Update on issue
    Quote Quote