VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi

several questions

1) i have imac, and i am using makemkv to ripp bluray movies to MKV, it works fine, but then i convert the mkv to DBMV(tsMuxter) so i can burn it to a bluray disc, once i am doing that, i loss capacity from 23G (mkv) to 800M ish , how can i avoid loosing quality here

2) when i load the DBMV to toast 11 so i can burn it, i get a messae that i need to convert the file to PAL ( i am not sure why since my bluray DVD player is pal and played the original disc just fine) , in preferences the standard TV sets to Pal,
    but i am wondering why do i need to conver the file to PAL, as it was taking from original PAL bluray disc.

3) does burning DBMV is the right chioce to burn a bluray disc with? i am having sony S350 bluray player

Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It's probably better to use something like DVDFab Blu-ray Copy or Pavtube Blu-ray Ripper for Mac and make an iso and burn. Not free though.

I don't know any good method to convert the makemkv mkvs back to a blu-ray/bdmv.

And I'm moving you to our mac section.

edit: Or well , http://www.dvdfab.com/hd-decrypter-for-mac.htm is free but it can't make an iso though.
    Quote Quote  
  3. thanks

does pavtube make an iso image from any MKV files ?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    No, from the blu-ray.
    Quote Quote  
  5. ok, i just want to be clear here

the pavtube create an iso image out of the blu-ray disc ( original disc), but what if the blu-ray disc is protected,
    does pavtube making any decrypting action in parallel ,so the iso image ready to be burn properly ?
    cheers
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hi

Anyone ?

really appreciate it

R,
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try the free trial?

But I'm sure the full version of DVDFab Blu-ray Copy can make an iso. See http://www.dvdfab.com/blu-ray-copy-for-mac.htm
    Quote Quote