VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've ripped Cars 2 using AnyDVD, and Im using Ripbot to convert it to an MKV, but when I do the final product displays all the text in Spanish. An example is the first minute of the movie where they show the location of the ship instead of showing "Pacific Ocean", it says "Pacifico". The language is in English, so its not overly distracting but I was wondering if anyone else has seen this issue or even knows how to get fix it.

In Ripbot, I select the largest/longest file in the STREAM folder, and only have one video option. The results are the same no matter which file i select.

I noticed that when I use MakeMKV to rip the file "Title02" is the correct version of the movie. I would use this file but the main drawback I've seen is that I'm not given the option to get the full 7.1 Audio. Instead Ripbot only shows 6 channels, while the properties of this file show 8 Channels. Any help on that would be appreciated too.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Some BD makers use added in screens for the foreign language versions and apparently RipBot misses that at times and picks the wrong .mpls file. I ran into that with with the UP! BD also. What I finally did is to use BDInfo to tell them apart and get the right .mpls index file to get the correct filelist to end up with an all English version. I think hollywood wants that to be as complicated as possible.

For my version of Cars2, the correct .mpls for the English version appears to be 00895.mpls. You can use tsMuxeR GUI (In RipBots 'Tools' folder) and input the correct .mpls and check the files before converting. You can also select the correct audio track in tsMuxeR and output it all to a file that RipBot can use for the correct conversion.

The English intro is on 00920.m2ts. The Spanish one is 00964.m2ts. I can also play these directly with VLC or other players that can handle the format to check them.
    Quote Quote