VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a video file from a BD that's actually 1080p25 but marked as 1080i25. I want to change its speed to 23.976p but I'm having issues with the interlaced flag.

I have the original .TS file, the elementary H.264 stream found in it, and a FLAC file containing the DTS-HD MA soundtrack slowed down (to compensate for the 25 -> 23.976 fps conversion). When I mux them together at 23.976 fps using either MKVMerge or TSMuxer, the interlaced flag is still set for some reason, so my media players kinda get confused and try to play it back at 50 fps still.

I've been searching for ages to find a tool that will let me disable the "interlaced" flag on the H.264 stream but I can't find anything. Can this be done without having to re-encode the video stream??
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Tried h264info? Still interlaced?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the reply. I don't see any options regarding interlaced/progressive in that program but I'll give it a go tomorrow anyway!

Trying it now with just these settings:

- Frame Rate = 23.976
    - Aspect Ratio = 16:9
    - Level = 4.1
    - Resolution = 1920x1080

It's sooooooooooooo slooooooooooow though! It's done about 2% in a few minutes.
    Last edited by DragonQ; 18th Dec 2011 at 04:36.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK well that didn't work. MKVMerge said the resulting .264 file was broken.

Do I need to tick anything like "Add Picture Structure" or "Remove Pulldown"?
    Quote Quote