VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Thread
  1. Member
    Join Date: Jan 2008
    Location: United States
    Search PM
    I have tried using multiavchd to make 3 movies on one 50GB disc but the audio sounds terrible like an echo. I have tried converting the audio only using ea3to and it wont even try to convert it it give a red error msg.
    Anyone able to convert these ok?
    I want to keep the originals safe.
    Last edited by Onceler2; 17th Dec 2011 at 18:12.
    Quote Quote  
  2. aBigMeanie aedipuss's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2005
    Location: 666th portal
    Search Comp PM
    what's the source? post mediainfo text output.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Join Date: Jan 2008
    Location: United States
    Search PM
    here
    Thanks
    Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  4. aBigMeanie aedipuss's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2005
    Location: 666th portal
    Search Comp PM
    you could have just copy/pasted it.

    it's just dts audio. multiavhd should have converted it fine.

    are you sure you have a dts enabled audio player, with 5.1 or 7.1 speakers?

    what does mediainfo say about the converted file?
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member fritzi93's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2003
    Location: U.S.
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Onceler2 View Post
    Anyone able to convert these ok?
    Sure.

    My usual procedure is to extract main movie with Clown_BD and convert the audio at the same time to AC3 640 kbps. (Clown_BD uses eac3to, BTW). But it bombed out on the audio of the first disc, so I extracted the movies with audio unconverted. Then re-encoded the movies to BD25 with BDRB, and the audio conversions went fine. BDRB uses Aften to re-encode audio. (My system doesn't merit HD audio and I have no plans to "upgrade".)

    Anyway, if memory serves, that's what I had to do. Been a while now, weren't the Star Wars Blu-Rays released in September?

    Here's the interesting part: When I played the extracted movie on my computer (stereo speakers) to verify all went okay, it sounded horrible. Especially the opening theme, with blaring and braying horns. Since various reviews all say the audio is outstanding on the Star Wars BDs, I put it down to bad downconversion to stereo. I dunno, I don't recall coming across anything quite like that before.

    Anyway, you could try extracting main movie(s) with Clown_BD, audio unconverted. Then re-encode to custom size, ~14-15 GB with BDRB and convert the audio to AC3 640 kbps with Aften at the same time. Then author them together with multiAVCHD without re-encoding.

    Good luck.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Join Date: Jan 2008
    Location: United States
    Search PM
    The converted audio comes out distorted on my computer where the ripped file plays fine.
    Quote Quote  
  7. aBigMeanie aedipuss's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2005
    Location: 666th portal
    Search Comp PM
    don't convert? keep the dts.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member fritzi93's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2003
    Location: U.S.
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Onceler2 View Post
    The converted audio comes out distorted on my computer where the ripped file plays fine.
    But converted with what tool? Eac3to? (I forget what multiAVCHD uses). Try Aften or a front-end that uses it.

    Or do as aedipuss suggests. That's gonna be rather big though. You could extract the core DTS and use that, it will be considerably smaller. Clown_BD or tsMuxer can extract the DTS core.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Join Date: Jan 2008
    Location: United States
    Search PM
    I've tried eac3to ,clown I tried Aften and it expected the file to be a wav I am doing as you suggested and am extracting the DTS with TSMuxer
    It worked!
    Thanks
    Last edited by Onceler2; 17th Dec 2011 at 18:11.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Join Date: Jan 2008
    Location: United States
    Search PM
    That worked for episodes 1-3 but does not work for 4-6
    eac3to refuses to convert the DTS to ac3,clown also does not work
    Thanks
    Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member fritzi93's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2003
    Location: U.S.
    Search Comp PM
    The only suggestion I have is to let BDRB encode it for you. That will certainly work if there's nothing wrong with your codec configuration. Movie-only, audio set to 640 kbps, custom output size ~7 GB. Then you could author them to BDR with multiAVCHD and avoid encoding them twice. But you may have to extract movie-only first with Clown_BD, audio unconverted, if BDRB won't accept the full rip.

    Mind you, there are forced subs in episodes 4 (Greedo scene for instance) and 6 that you won't get unless you use Clown_BD first. (All those discs have complex java interactive features, which make all this more difficult). You can then identify the forced subs (in the Clown_BD demux folder) with BDSup2Sub, export them with force flag turned on, and remux with primary English sub track into a new movie only with tsMuxer. Then run BDRB. Same deal with episodes 1-3 if memory serves. There aren't any forced subs in episode 5. Alternatively, just turn the appropriate sub track *on* with BDRB by right clicking the track and select ON.

    If you haven't run BDRB, you'd be well advised to see the first post in the author's bug report thread for configuration instructions.

    Good luck.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads