VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have been burning dvds ok , capturing in virtualdub and then burning the avi with powerproducer 2 gold and powertogo dvd and all was well . I then loaded a couple different authoring software and uninstalled them and now none of my authoring programs will accept my avi files . I can still capture and play them but can not load the avi file into a program to convert to dvd . I tried dvdflick , daniusoft , I think when I uninstalled the programs maybe it deleted a file I need for programs to accept my avi . I had been capturing , editing , burning from avis until today . Most all programs just say failed to add file . With my powerproducer I can capture and then convert that file or I can play a file I've captured in virtualdub but I can't add any avi file to any dvd authoring software . Any ideas ? Thanks in advance .
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    dvd authoring software usually wants dvd spec mpeg-2 not avi. what program are you referring to?
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    VSO ConvertXtoDVD will accept just about any video file format you throw at it and it will certainly accept Xvid, divx etc
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  4. maybe dvd authoring software is the wrong term . I have made dvd's with cyberlink powerproducer 2 gold and cyberlink power to go and pinnacle studio 12 by just adding them into the program . I tried dvdflick just for the heck of it (while all my programs were still accepting my avi files ) but I was having problems with it so I uninstalled it . After that is when my programs would no longer accept my avi files .
    I can play the files on any player and I can open the files and play them in virtual dub but none of my burning dvd programs will accept the files . I also tried daniusoft dvd burner program but that wouldn't accept them either . I hadn't used that when I was able to burn succesfully but it's description says it accepts avi .
    When I uninstalled dvdflick I got a lot of the "this file appears it's not needed " and I just picked yes to all and deleted them . I think I lost a file or files I needed ???
    Quote Quote  
  5. I loaded klite codec pack and I was able to get an avi into powerproducer and that worked but in studio 12 it still wouldn't work ( it would only play the audio ) then I installed the xp codec pack , pinnacle still didn't work but PP was still working , so I uninstalled the studio 12 and then PP wouldn't work , it would accept the file but wouldn't do anything with it so I uninstalled that . I am now looking for a simple dvd burner program . I tried dvdflick but when it burnt the disc it would freeze up at the end of the burn at "syncronizing files " ( I think that's what it said ) . Does anyone have any recomendations ? I guess I would prefer it to be free but if it worked good for me I guess I'd spend $25 on it . Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Can you post the details from the avi? Use mediainfo.

You can also try avstodvd or freemake video converter.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'll second AVStoDVD. It's handled everything I've ever thrown at it.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm going to install the avstodvd and try it out . If anyone is wondering .... I am trying to put some vhs stuff I have on disk . I got a pretty good Panasonic 1980 and an i.den ivt-7 that works and a dazzle usb capture device. I like capturing with virtualdub and a little filtering there also . I bought a vhs test tape and I can see the tearing at the top of the video if I have the tbc off on the vcr and bypass the iden unit , then if I switch on the tbc on the vcr or switch the bypass off on the iden or do both the tearing goes away . I really don't see any problems (yet) with the video that the tbc on the vcr won't take care of . Up until that test video tape , I hadn't seen where any of my tapes created any problems .
    Quote Quote  
  9. I've got the avs to dvd installed , however I have no icons next to the source title box and the operation box . Also when I click add titles and select an avi file it is added to the operations box but not the source title box . If I then pick avisynth frameserving check I get runtime error 35600 index out of bounds .
    I would like to find a very simple way to just drop my avi file into a box and press burn and out pops a dvd . I don't care about any fancy stuff , just to copy my home vhs tapes to dvd . I am completely lost with this program and I don't know if this is even what I want . If this is really simple to use for what I am looking for , great , but right now it looks complicated and doesn't appear to be working properly . If some one can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it . Thanks again in advance .
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You could try the AVStoDVD support thread here in this forum.

I think if there was a program you could just drag and drop the file into we'd all be using it. It's a complex task. I've tried easier to use programs. A bunch of them. They worked like crap.

Also, I definitely don't think installing a bunch of codec packs is going to help. It'll probably make things worse. In the Microsoft support section of their site they specifically say you shouldn't use non Microsoft codecs for Win7. K Lite can really cause conflicts.

For this kind of stuff I stick to programs that work with DirectShow and/or the .NET framework.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If it's codec issue, you can verify it with Graphstudio. Just open the media file with Graphstudio, If you get a graph
    and the file successfully plays, it means your directshow codecs are working OK.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by jsdspif View Post
    I've got the avs to dvd installed , however I have no icons next to the source title box and the operation box . Also when I click add titles and select an avi file it is added to the operations box but not the source title box .
    See AVStoDVD Help/FAQ/GUI/Q2.6

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote