VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. OK, thanks. But note that the modification above works also for the original English track. Try it if you wish...
    r0lZ - PgcEdit homepage Hosted by VideoHelp (Thanks Baldrick)
    - BD3D2MK3D A tool to convert 3D BD to 3D SBS/T&B/FS MKV
    Quote Quote  
  2. Well, I'll try. It's for both formats, the 16:9 and the 4:3 ?
    alvin68
    "...un alieno su questa terra"
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yes.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
    OK, I had some free time, so I've searched how to do what you want. It's not easy, but the solution I propose should work. Anyway, try it.

Insert the following commands at the beginning of the pre-commands of VTSM 4, LU 1, 1 (dummy) RootM:
    Code:
    [00 B1 00 0C 00 03 00 05]   1  if ( gprm(12) != 3 ) then { Goto line 5 } 
    [61 00 00 00 00 81 00 00]   2  Set gprm(0) =(mov) sprm(1:Audio track number) 
    [71 B0 00 0C 00 01 00 01]   3  if ( gprm(0) != 1 ) then { Set gprm(12) =(mov) 1 } 
    [71 00 00 00 00 00 00 00]   4  Set gprm(0) =(mov) 0 
    [00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00]   5  NOP
    (Again, it is easier to copy the 5 commands above in the clipboard, then select the pre-command 1 of the PGC, and click Paste Before.)

Now, when you go to the commentary menu to enable or disable the commentary, then you change the audio track and press the Root Menu button when the movie is playing, it returns to the main menu.

However, if you go to the Index menu (the chapters in commentary mode) after having enabled the commentary, then you select a chapter and press the Menu button when the title is playing, it returns directly to the Index menu, as before. (That was the difficult part to understand.)

I hope it's what you want.
    I did this test, and doesn't work. That is, with the Commentary actived, then changing the language (both English or Italian) and pressing the "Menu" button always returns to the menu of "Commentary" (not to the root menu, as when you press the "Top Menu"). So, the DVD still works as before.

Only one thing: you indicated to insert the commands at the beginning of the pre-commands of VTSM 4, LU 1, 1 (dummy) RootM. But in my left pane of PgcEdit, this VTSM string is: VTSM 4, LU 1, 1 (0:00) RootM where the difference is "(0:00)" instead of "(dummy)".
    So I inserted the 5 pre-commands in that string.
    alvin68
    Quote Quote  
  5. In fact, the full label is VTSM 4, LU 1 (en), 1 (0:00) RootM. Anyway, since there is only one LU, I could have written only VTSM 4, 1 to reference the first PGC of the menu of VTS 4. The label is as informative as possible (given the limited space). "VTSM 4" stands for Menu domain of Video TitleSet 4, "LU 1 (en)" for Language Unit 1 (English), and 1 for PGC 1. "(0:00)" is the duration of the video (or "(dummy)" when the PGC has no video cell), and "RootM" indicates that it's the entry PGC, called when the user presses the Root Menu button of the remote during the playback of any video cell in VTS 4.

[original post removed]

Oops, yes, you're right. The modification above works only in 16:9.

Here is the code that should work with 16:9 and 4:3:
    Code:
    [00 A1 00 0C 00 0D 00 03]   1  if ( gprm(12) == 13 ) then { Goto line 3 } 
    [00 B1 00 0C 00 03 00 06]   2  if ( gprm(12) != 3 ) then { Goto line 6 } 
    [61 00 00 00 00 81 00 00]   3  Set gprm(0) =(mov) sprm(1:Audio track number) 
    [71 B0 00 0C 00 01 00 01]   4  if ( gprm(0) != 1 ) then { Set gprm(12) =(mov) 1 } 
    [71 00 00 00 00 00 00 00]   5  Set gprm(0) =(mov) 0 
    [00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00]   6  NOP
    (I've just added the first line, but note that the GoTo in line 2 goes now to line 6.)
    Last edited by r0lZ; 20th Dec 2011 at 05:20.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hi r0lZ, I confirm that all works now. Also I confirm what you wrote in the previous message (before removing/editing it):

Now, if, after having enabled the commentary with the ON button, you press the
    INDEX button to select a chapter in the commentary chapter menu, then again you
    change the audio and press the Root menu button, the regular Chapter menu is
    called instead of the Commentary Chapter menu. IMO, it's perfect.

Yes, It's PERFECT.
    I have only to create the ISO with ImgBurn!

Thanks again.
    alvin68
    Quote Quote  
  7. Last step is easy! ImgBurn will not let you burn a bad disc.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Uhmmm... I thought it was easy, but...

after loading the DVD folder and pressed the Calculator button so that ImgBurn identifies the layer break, the software seems stationary:

It's almost 1 hour that the progress bar is located in the same position and does not go forward. Is it possible that it takes all this time?

alvin68
    Quote Quote  
  9. Have you clicked OK in the second dialog? You should select the cell for the layer break position. (Since here there is only one suitable cell, the choice is easy.)
    Quote Quote  
  10. Doh!
    No, I hadn't clicked, because I thought that the list of suitable cells wasn't complete (it seemed strange that there was only 1 entry in the list).

Sorry, I feel like a wimp in this moment.
    alvin68
    Quote Quote  
  11. The list of cells depends of the size and position of the chapters near the middle of the DVD. If the DVD is almost full, only a few, or just one cell is available.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Ok, now I hope not bother anymore.

EDIT
    The doubt was also because the only available cell is not reported as a good or very good choice (with the color of the star) and in the column SPLIP it should be marked "No" instead of "Yes". This is what I read in a guide.
    Last edited by alvin68; 20th Dec 2011 at 13:46.
    alvin68
    Quote Quote