VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I was converting an mp4 file to dvd using ffmpegx. An mpg file was created, but there was no information in the video_ts folder. I tried authoring the mpg file again and again, nothing in the video_ts folder. The mpg file itself plays fine. Am I doing something wrong?
    Quote Quote  
  2. You need to use a DVD authoring program such as DVDstyler to create the Video_TS folder from the MPG file.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The GUI app ffmpegX contains dvdauthor (v0.7.0), so it can author a DVD from within the app.
    If you used a DVD preset, and the Author checkbox was still set (default), and there were no errors, then a VIDEO_TS folder should be created (inside a moviename.DVD folder).
    Please post the Process Information log for inspection on any errors. (You may access this log by clicking the blue "i" in the ffmpegX Progress window after a conversion.)
    Quote Quote  
  4. Jackpot. Thank you! Where do I get it, the GUI that is. I'd like to try it.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Case View Post
    The GUI app ffmpegX contains dvdauthor (v0.7.0), so it can author a DVD from within the app.
    If you used a DVD preset, and the Author checkbox was still set (default), and there were no errors, then a VIDEO_TS folder should be created (inside a moviename.DVD folder).
    Please post the Process Information log for inspection on any errors. (You may access this log by clicking the blue "i" in the ffmpegX Progress window after a conversion.)
    Yes and (I believe) yes. Guessing since I've closed ffmpegx. A folder and video_ts folder was created, but nothing inside. I dropped the mpg into Toast and multiplexed it there. I will check on all the above next time I try this. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by blue439 View Post
    I dropped the mpg into Toast and multiplexed it there.
    For those that have Toast, such is an excellent route, as it will allow for a menu (for those that care about that), and the multiplexing is just as good. And you didn't have to put time in troubleshooting.
    Quote Quote