VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. After writing a 4 GB, 4 chapter video to a DVD folder on my HD and playing it before burning to disc, I see that it has one minor error. (One of the chapters' headings has a '4' instead of a '7').

I suppose in the time it takes to compose this and get an answer I could re-render it anyway, but I'll ask anyway. Is there any tool around that will let me correct this tiny error quickly please?

--
    Terry, East Grinstead, UK
    Quote Quote  
  2. You might try my menu editing guide:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/254043-Guide-for-extracting-menus-for-editing-and-r...00#post1514500

Scroll down to The Easy Way part at the bottom of that post. If it's easier for you to create a new BMP rather than extracting and editing the original one, then that might be the way to go followed by replacing the original one using the method described in The Easy Way part of the guide.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks, I'll try that asap.

--
    Quote Quote  
  4. Well, thanks anyway manono, but after studying that I have to admit that your idea of 'Easy' and mine are a gulf apart! I was totally lost from the moment I opened the DVD with PGCEdit.

--
    Quote Quote  
  5. Oh, I'm sorry. Do you mean to say VobBlanker rather than PGCEdit? Because you shouldn't need to use PGCEdit at all. On the other hand, you definitely need to use VobBlanker. At the very bottom of the guide is The Easy Way section. You only need to extract that menu picture as a BMP (and I mention 5 different ways to do that, including the use of VobBlanker for the job), edit it in some photo editor, and then stick the edited BMP back in. If you try following that last part of the guide and have a specific problem, then come back and we can try and help.

Doing it this way really is easier and much faster than recompiling the whole DVD and its menus.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks manono, appreciate your patience. I'm sure it will turn out to be easy once I know how! (I'm just an experienced end user, not a programmer or video techie.)

I read your first step as follows:
    "Save the BMP (using PGCEdit, as described earlier, or VobBlanker, or MenuShrink, or DGIndex, or VDubMod, or other ways).
    So I chose the first of those, PGCEdit. On opening my DVD with that tool I hadn't a clue how to 'save the BMP', hence my reply.

Now I've tried VObBlanker. I loaded it. It wasn't obvious, but I assume I did the correct thing by using the Input Video Manager section to open the IFO of my target DVD, giving this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	VobBlanker-1.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	10081

What now? The only thing I could think of was clicking Process. That gave this obscure message:

Name:  VobBlanker-2.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  4.3 KB

--
    Quote Quote  
  7. Assuming that the menu to be edited is in the VTS_01_*VOB in your picture above, highlight that line. Then the menu button to the right will become black and clickable. Click on it and in the new menu screen will be your menu. I guess there's only one, but highlight it so that it also appears in the lower window. Highlight it there and hit the Preview button to the right. In the new Preview screen hit the BMP button to save out your menu as a BMP. Edit it to fix the text and then replace it by following the instructions in The Easy Way part of the guide.

If you have any problems doing the replacing, come back here.
    Quote Quote