VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey,

So I ripped a movie using DVD Decrypter. Then using those dvd source files, I used PGC Demux to demux it into the elementary streams of .m2v and .ac3.

I load up Adobe Encore and try to create a new Blu-ray project, which works fine. However, when I load the demuxed files into Encore and put them into a timeline, there is a delay in audio halfway through the movie.

So then I mux the files into an mpeg file using TMPGENC and the movie file plays fine. With no audio delay at all.

I then load that file in Adobe Encore, attach it to a timeline...and audio delay at the exact point as before.

So then I tried creating a DVD project instead of blu-ray, and the audio delay is at the same spot.

So I tried to re-encode the .m2v and .ac3 files into a blu-ray compatible format using Adobe Media Encoder. Then I tried loading the files into Encore again and into another timeline. And again the audio is delayed at the exact same point.

Then I though that I might just have ripped a bad copy. So I ripped the DVD again, and then demuxed. And I also demuxed directly from the DVD using DVD Decrypters Steam Processing. Then I went through and tried both sets of files in Encore and the audio delay is still there.

What I don't understand is that when I play the files outside of Encore, there is no delay. Whether it be just the DVD files itself, or an mpeg file. Nothing. But as soon as I go through Encore, there is that stupid audio delay at the exact same point...every time using the timeline.

I just don't understand it.

Any help is appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Well, after a long delay and many different methods, I figured it out on my own.

Breaking the DVD into it's elementary streams, like .m2v and .ac3 was the problem. Instead, I used DVDFab to rip the DVD's into .m2ts format. This format handled the file size much better.

Also, Adobe Encore had no problem loading or reading the .m2ts format. And I didn't have to use Adobe Media Encoder at all. Encore transcoded the file straight from the program.

Note: This also has to do with file size. I believe I read somewhere that if you have a file under 1 gig or so, it's better to use mpg/m2v/etc, however if your file is larger than that, you should use some .h264 encoding method.
    Last edited by MindController; 4th Nov 2012 at 14:28.
    Quote Quote