VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have been ripping ISO files from DVDs to play on a Diamond Multimedia Player.

I am at a point where I want to make backup files to another HDD and I have been encountering a problem when I "drag and drop" a folder from one HDD to another. The copied files return an "Invalid File" error when I test the backed up files. I have also tried to backup the ISOs with FBackup4, with mixed results. I can do a number of folders each containing an ISO file that plays great, but some have this error and some don't.

Any ideas? Is something messing up the file when I try to copy or backup?? Thanks.

I am using a Windows 7 64 bit Professional Laptop
    WD Elements 2 TB drives for source and WD Elements 2.5 TB Drive for backup.
    As mentioned before I have the same problem with Drag and Drop and using FBackup4
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    How did you rip the isos from the commercial dvds? Be sure to use latest bdlot dvd iso maker or dvdfab or anydvd.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by badboytim999 View Post
    I "drag and drop" a folder from one HDD to another.
    That should work just fine. An ISO image is just a file to the computer. If computers couldn't copy files like this they would be completely useless.

Originally Posted by badboytim999 View Post
    The copied files return an "Invalid File" error when I test the backed up files.
    You mean when you try to play them with the media player? Did you also try to play the original file? Did it give the same error message?

Is something messing up the file when I try to copy or backup??
    If the original files are fine and the copies corrupt, Yes.

I am using a Windows 7 64 bit Professional Laptop
    WD Elements 2 TB drives for source and WD Elements 2.5 TB Drive for backup.
    Maybe a USB problem?

Oh wait: 2.5 TB? That requires "large" drive support. Many devices don't support drives over 2 TB. It requires GUID support:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GUID_Partition_Table
    Last edited by jagabo; 10th Dec 2011 at 06:34.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the responses:

I have been using DVD Decrypter, and building the ISO file with DVD Shrink.

It is the backed up file that is giving me a problem with the Diamond Multimedia Player and the media player is giving me the "invalid file" error when I try to play it. The original file plays fine. I am trying to backup the files in case something goes wrong with the drive, so I do not have to build the files again, since I have converted my library of dvds for the Media Player.

I hope that has answered any other questions.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by badboytim999 View Post
    It is the backed up file that is giving me a problem with the Diamond Multimedia Player and the media player is giving me the "invalid file" error when I try to play it. The original file plays fine.
    You need to determine whether the files are corrupt or the player is having problems reading the larger drive.

Try playing the backed up ISO files with VLC or MPCHC or WMP. Can they play the files?

Try copying one of the "bad" backed up ISO files to another location on the original drive (don't overwrite the original). Does it play on the Diamond player?
    Last edited by jagabo; 11th Dec 2011 at 12:19.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Is the backup disc in Fat32 format?
    Are there any extra(neous) files in the folders, causing the invalid files msg?
    As mentined b4, can your Diamond multi Diamond player actually handle or read anything off the 2.5tb disk? It may handle the large size incorrectly, being able to "see" the files, but unable to play them, as the lba offsets now overflow the internal registers..
    Full hardware disclosure, make & model ??
    Corned beef is now made to a higher standard than at any time in history.
    The electronic components of the power part adopted a lot of Rubycons.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well after much research, I have found that the 2.5 TB drives were the cause of my headaches. I did not find anything in Windows 7 help, but I did find EASEUS Partition Master Home Edition, which very quickly let me create 2 partitions that have allowed me to finally backup the files I have wanted to store with FBackup 4! Thanks for the useful tips and troubleshootiing help!

I have really appreciated this site from way back when it was VCD Help, and I was capturing and encoding programs and VHS tapes to VCDs with a Panasonic Pegasus Encoder. The site also helped me to find the Pioneer DVD player which would play the VCDs from standard CDs, not the expensive Kodak Gold variety! Everyone, Thank You again very much!
    Quote Quote  
  8. You remember vcdhelp and only joined a year ago? Wow, your nic should be something like Lurker#1.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote