VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

First, I have chosen Virtualdub as external player in Avspmod and it working fine. Then i tried to choose a shortcut (target = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Virtualdub 1.10.0\VirtualDub.exe" /s .\plugins\"compression390.vcf") on my desktop with automatic presets of compression instead of .exe program. Avspmod didn't accept it.

I noticed that I can add, in this external player, additional arguments. Maybe I could "call" a vcf file but I don't know how to specify it; I've tried to put the path (C:\Program Files (x86)\Virtualdub 1.10.0\plugins\compression390.vcf), but I get this error message : Cannot open file 'Program'. Specified file cannot be found.

Very strange message since my path includes Program Files (x86) and not Program.

Thanks for reading me and sorry for my poor english
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Set the external player to be the VirtualDub exe, as you had it originally.
    Set the additional args to "/s C:\Program Files (x86)\Virtualdub 1.10.0\plugins\compression390.vcf".
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Gavino,

Much better, but I get this new message "cannot open file"compression390.vcf" :
    syntax of file name, directory or volume is incorrect
    Any idea ?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Check to see you haven't got an extra quote in the filename.
    Perhaps you need to put quotes round the entire name "C:\ ...\compression390.vcf".

However, I think any .vcf files in that folder are automatically loaded by VirtualDub anyway, so perhaps you can omit the extra arguments altogether. Or maybe that only applies to .vdf files (actual plugins).
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Gavino,

The correct syntax was :
    /s "C:\Program Files (x86)\Virtualdub 1.10.0\plugins\compression390.vcf"
    I really appreciate your attention ...
    Quote Quote