VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a few 24 fps mpg that were made with a webcam. I need to pixelate someone out of them and have a demo copy of Magix Movie Ed Pro 17 that I can do that with.
    The problem when i import the clips into magix it shortens them significantly and speeds the action way up.

This also happens when I convert to mp4 using AnyVideo Converter even though I can set the frame rate to 24 fps as per options in the program.

Any idea how I can get around this problem? I don't want shorted clips or faster action but I need to hide this persons id.

Thanks,
    MisterRPH
    Quote Quote  
  2. By "mpg" , do you mean mpeg2 program stream ? with mpeg-2 compression ?

Can you use mediainfo (view=>text) , copy & paste the text report back here

Do the video files play correctly in a media player e.g. VLC, MPCHC ?
    Quote Quote  
  3. the orginial plays fine in media player and the edit which I exported as mp4 plays in quick time with faster action and shorter clip. I used the speed option in video affects and slowed it down to .63 when gets the fps rate down below 16 and lengthens the clip out to original time. Running the edit side by side with original and they look to be same rate.

I don't see any menu option named mediainfo.

Thanks for your response.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Mediainfo is not a menu item. Do you see it hilighted in red ?
    Just click on it, download and install it. Open your media file with it,
    put it in view/text mode and it will tell you all the gory details.
    Quote Quote  
  5. The video clip I got when I exported the Video Effects slowed down edited version of my original clip is intolerably jerky but does appear to run at near the same speed as the original. Is there some way to smooth it out?

I installed the Mediainfo program and got the following info about my original clip. If it tells you there is a better way for me to obtain the results I want I would appreciate you telling me how to proceed.

Thank You very much for your assistance!!!

General
    Complete name : K:\Video2.mpg
    Format : MPEG-PS
    File size : 86.2 MiB
    Duration : 6mn 21s
    Overall bit rate : 1 894 Kbps
    Writing library : ArcSoft MPEG-1 NTSC

Video
    ID : 224 (0xE0)
    Format : MPEG Video
    Format version : Version 1
    Format settings, BVOP : Yes
    Format settings, Matrix : Custom
    Bit rate : 1 633 Kbps
    Maximum bit rate : 1 500 Kbps
    Width : 640 pixels
    Height : 480 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 4:3
    Frame rate : 24.000 fps
    Color space : YUV
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressive
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.221
    Stream size : 74.3 MiB (86%)
    Writing library : ArcSoft MPEG-1 NTSC

Audio
    ID : 192 (0xC0)
    Format : MPEG Audio
    Format version : Version 1
    Format profile : Layer 2
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 224 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Sampling rate : 44.1 KHz
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Stream size : 10.2 MiB (12%)
    Quote Quote  
  6. Probably your editor has problems importing the file if it plays fine in a media player (clip is probably ok, but editing software not compatible)

If you open the file in avidemux, does it play correctly? If it does, then encode to another format your editor supports using that

Maybe a lossless format like huffyuv/AVI

If VLC plays it correctly, it can convert as well, so you could use that to convert, then import into your editor
    Quote Quote  
  7. Well the clip ran fast in avidemux until I slowed it down by reducing the frame rate there. Next I downloaded VLC and the original clip played fine there so I converted it to mp4 and the mp4 plays like the original too. I loaded the mp4 into Magix Edit Movie and it appears to have chopped off about 15 seconds but as near as I can tell the speed it the same as the original. Now all I have to do is do all my masking again and see how it saves...lol

Thank you very very much for hanging in with the novices novice. I will post at least one more update to let you know it this thing exports ok.....thanks again!!
    Quote Quote  
  8. It took near 12 hours render the edited mp4 clip. I learned that converting the original mpg to wma format gets me a clip of the same length and playback speed and the original and that clip edited renders in about an ours.
    Quote Quote