VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm semi new to this whole muxing/demuxing business, but I think I have a decent grasp of it now.

I've been trying to convert a demuxed Blu-ray movie (.m2ts), specifically The Incredibles, to a .mp4 file with HARD SUBS. The reason I want to do this is because I want to put it on my PS3 and still be able to read the couple lines of subs that a French character says toward the beginning. I've run the file through Vidcoder, Handbrake, and even stuff like Format Factory, and even if I select to burn in the subs, they NEVER take in the .mp4. Vidcoder won't even recognize that the .sup subs are integrated in the .m2ts file, Handbrake ignored them after a 3.5 hour conversion, Format Factory doesn't finish half the time, it's ridiculous.

When I ripped the movie, I used tsmuxer to put all the chapters into one giant file, over 25gb. When I loaded the file into any demuxing program, they all read that the .sup subtitles exist, so I know they're there. I've tried converting them to .srt and remuxing, I've left them as .sup, and I can't figure out how to convert .sup or .srt TO .ass (not the other way around) -- I've actually gotten .ass to burn into a video using Vidcoder, but I can't seem to get them that far.

Is there any way I can actually hard sub (burn in) subtitles from a ripped Blu-ray into a .mp4 or even .avi? Thanks for helping a newbie out.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try ripbot264. See http://adubvideo.net/how-to/encoding-blurays-mp4-ripbot how to burn in subtitles.

And many converters doesn't support blu-ray sup files. You could try extract them with tsmuxer and convert to sub/idx with BDSup2Sub or to srt with suprip and then add in format factory, freemake video converter, etc.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Awesome, I'll try those programs in the morning. Thanks for the quick response.
    Quote Quote