VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. Ok heres the thing..

I tried using xilisoft dvd creator (since Iīm a noob), so I just needed to choose my file, in this case a MKV movie.

It was a 10 hours long proccess to finish creating the dvd and burning (its a 9gb movie)

So I just played it on my dvd and I realized the audio is out of sync (behind)
    After seeing the problem I tried to demux the DVD and sync it by myself but realized that when demuxing that the audio and video are the same time, so I used DVD lab pro to mux it again and I had the same problem now with the issue that the audio was killed in the last 20 min of the movie. So now I tried converting the original mkv file to ac3 trying to see if that was the problem (changing bitrate,etc) and used it and mux it again with DVD lab pro...got the same issue again.

I searched this forum and saw that theres a MKV Extractor GUI soft, I havent used it maybe thats the problem? I say this since the Xilisoft was the one who demux and converted to dvd.

I donīt know what to do Im new on this formats never used them lol
    Last edited by yudopplyr; 5th Dec 2011 at 16:29.

2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I really don't know whats happening here, it's odd that the timing is correct but the audio is following the video. I'm assuming you started with a perfect mkv? I have been using Freemake Video Converter for a while now to convert just about everything, I also dig handbrake, I'm not promoting it but I haven't had a problematic conversion yet.
    It's not important the problem be solved, only that the blame for the mistake is assigned correctly

3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try instead AVStoDVD.

4. I used AVStoDVD and only the video rendered in the vob file =/

Heres the log file

http://tinypaste.com/fb20a5d4

5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I did a test with an MKV with DTS audio. IN the AVStoDVD generated Muxman.log, you see this:

MuxMan version 0.15R
    Opened script file K:\Temp\DVD_1_MuxMan.mxp
    Accepted video K:\Temp\Sample.m2v size = 44843633
    DTS frame size not DVD compatible

So Muxman rejects the audio. Perhaps MrC (AVStoDVD author) will comment on this.

6. The first thing to try may be to process with Popcorn Audio Converter to produce DVD compliant AC3 audio. Try the output mkv and see if it plays normally.

Once you have DVD compliant AC3 audio then there are many tools that can convert to DVD. I would use one that gives you the option of not processing the audio at all, since you've already done that. You want the tool to encode the video and just mux in the AC3 audio and author.

If you can't turn off the audio processing in the tool you want to use see if it will keep intermediate files. If you can get at the .m2v file produced by that program, author it using the .ac3 demuxed from the Popcorn output .mkv.
    Last edited by MilesAhead; 6th Dec 2011 at 14:21.
    http://milesaheadsoftware.org/
    Fully enabled freeware for Windows PCs.

7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well AVStoDVD can keep and use already-compliant audio, seems as if in this case it has assumed the DTS to
    be compliant when it isn't.

8. ok guys I tried out the popcorn audo converter and it got me an error (maybe I didīnt configure it as it should be) forgot to copy the log but I managed to convert it with Freemake Video Converter and it work out fine the only thing is that the subs got pasted in the video anyhows is no problem for me. Thx for the help guys problem solved

9. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Well AVStoDVD can keep and use already-compliant audio, seems as if in this case it has assumed the DTS to
    be compliant when it isn't.
    I guess I should have been more specific. I don't care if the converter thinks the audio is compliant. It should have a setting to not process the audio, period. Otherwise it makes ti troublesome to just do video and author the streams manually. For example, write an .avs script using DirectShowSource with audio=false and pump it into QuEnc to get .m2v output. DVDAuthorGui to put the .m2v and .ac3 together. I don't care about fancy menus. If it's a single movie I don't need any menu.

10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't understand your point in the context of AVStoDVD normal operations. When the media file is added,
    you can certainly remove the audio from the title and add your own. Just right click the title.

Search PM
    How about you just wait for the DVD or buy the DVD.....how's that?

12. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    I don't understand your point in the context of AVStoDVD normal operations. When the media file is added,
    you can certainly remove the audio from the title and add your own. Just right click the title.
    I don't use AvsToDVD anymore. So I suggest you take your own advice. It's wasted on me.
    Last edited by MilesAhead; 7th Dec 2011 at 01:15.

13. btw this tool accomplishes the same thing as Popcorn:
    https://www.videohelp.com/tools/MKV2AC3

You can set it to keep intermediate files.

14. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    I did a test with an MKV with DTS audio. IN the AVStoDVD generated Muxman.log, you see this:

MuxMan version 0.15R
    Opened script file K:\Temp\DVD_1_MuxMan.mxp
    Accepted video K:\Temp\Sample.m2v size = 44843633

So Muxman rejects the audio. Perhaps MrC (AVStoDVD author) will comment on this.
    Here I am

DTS track should be DVD compliant (1536 kbps, 48000 Hz, 16 bit), but Muxman is rejecting it.

A possible solution is to force DTS track encoding to AC3: go to 'Edit Title'/'Audio', toggle off 'Auto Audio Setup', toggle off 'Keep dvd compliant Audio', switching to AC3 will be done. Run again the project.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage

15. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Please buy the movie.Thread closed.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.