VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search PM
    I would like to embed HD video in my website and I have various formats that I can convert my videos to.

What is the best solution for fast and good quality video on a website?

I am leaning towards .flv format. Any suggestions would be much appreciated
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Convert to flv or mp4 with h264 video and aac audio. Many free converters supports that like freemake video converter or handbrake. Use the video together with a flash player like flowplayer.

Another option would be to use webm with vp8 video, http://erunways.com/html5/WebM_VP8_video/ , but it's not yet supported by all browsers. So a flash video/player is a better solution for now.

Or upload to youtube or vimeo and embed on your site.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Be aware that you're going to eat through your site's bandwidth quota very quickly if many people start watching your videos. You're usually better off uploading your video to Youtube, Vimeo, or some such and linking to it.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Or embed the code they give you. That way it looks like it is coming from your website but it is not using your bandwidth.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Be aware that you're going to eat through your site's bandwidth quota very quickly if many people start watching your videos. You're usually better off uploading your video to Youtube, Vimeo, or some such and linking to it.

Listen to jagabo unless your audience is one or two for a few minutes. ISPs hate uplink and will charge you.. then they will punish you.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote