VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Well.. Im new here. Hi.
    I have been trying for a while now to export a clip using VirtualDubMod but the audio keeps getting out of sync and I can't figure out why.

What I do is import an MKV video (1080x720) + add watermark + add subtitles, then export it compressed with the XviD MPEG-4 Codec.

I use avisynth to import the video and add the logo:
    Code:
    a1=DirectShowSource("S23E01.mkv", FPS=30)
    a2=ImageReader("Logo.png")  
    a3=ImageReader("Logo.png",pixel_type="RGB32").ShowAlpha(pixel_type="RGB32")  
    Overlay(a1,a2,mask=a3,x=0,y=0)
    Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Is it off by the same amount all the way through, or does it get progressively out of synch? If progressive, how long is the video and by how much is it off by the end? Maybe it's not really 30fps (I daresay it's not)? Maybe you shouldn't be using DirectShowSource?

Since 1080x720 is 1.5:1, you'll have to either set a PAR or resize it so things look 'normal'.

Is there any particular reason for defacing it with a logo? You want to see that when watching it at home?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Ok so I just had a problem with Windows that made me delete all the files (yay, im f*cked). I think the audio was progressively out of sync. I'll do it all over again tomorrow and answer all the questions you made me. Sorry for the inconvenient and thanks for your reply.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try
    Code:
    a1=DirectShowSource("S23E01.mkv", FPS=30,convertfps=true)
    That should resync it if the FPS has changed the sync.

AND/OR:
    Try loading the AVS in the latest VirtualDub. It doesn't have the convenient AVS editing that the old MOD version does, but it can read them perfectly well.

AND/OR
    use FFMS2 to load the MKV. I find this more reliable than DSS.

Code:
    a1=FFmpegSource2("S23E01.mkv",atrack=-1,fpsnum=-1,fpsden=1)
    Add an info() line to see what fps is reported, then if necessary, you can change the fpsnum and fpsden. (the -1 simply leaves it unchanged).
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by AlanHK View Post
    Try
    Code:
    a1=DirectShowSource("S23E01.mkv", FPS=30,convertfps=true)
    That should resync it if the FPS has changed the sync.
    It works perfectly. Thanks.
    Quote Quote