VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. I used Amarectv and installed one of the special codecs and this makes it work but the recording files are Huge; recording a 5 minute clip takes up 12G of space; bitrate is like 300, which is ridiculous; I can convert those files with bit rate of 15 and they look just as good and take up a fraction of the space
    Now the problem is is I can't input those huge .avi files into tsmuxer or tsremux; both give errors when I do. I use other HD converter softwares to take the files down to 15 bitrate
    But at least now the recordings are smoother. I will probably buy the codec since it is only $10; if not , there is a watermark on the bottom left of all recordings
    anyone have any idea why tsmuxer and tsremux are giving errors when I input those recordings?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    What exactly are you trying to do with those two TS softwares? I wouldn't expect them to work with some random AVI codec.
    Quote Quote  
  3. those softwares can edit files; many times you don't want the whole file; just parts of it; they obviously work better with .ts, m2ts,mp4 but they also normally work with .avi as well but not on these recordings
    I think the amarectv is the Only software can can record in full quality from set top box; I have already used umedia, honestech, AVS Videorecorder, Serif, all record but with lag and stuttering on motion
    I also bought the amarectv codec for $10; worth it considering it actually works; only drawback is the recording files are HUGE
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You can use VirtualDub for cutting AVI files. Direct Stream Copy to keep the full quality (if you have enough space) or compress to your end format directly (if you're going for AVI output).
    Quote Quote  
  5. So, I am extremely new with this and was hoping you guys could help me since Sony, Samsung (My laptop manufacturer), and places like BestBuy could not help me. My main goal is to be able to play my PS3 through my Laptop, dont care about recording or anything else, just want to play with it since I dont have a TV while I am deployed. After reading all the posts, I am even more confused than when I started. My basic question is, is the HD80E what I am looking for to do this or is there a better/easier product. If the HD80E is what I need, is it just plug in and play, or do I need to download 100 other things to make it work?

Link to my computer stats are below, but to make it easy, i do not have a port for cards, but i do have two USB 3.0 slots and an HDMI port.

http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/laptops/NP700Z5B-S01UB-specs

Please Help!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by HoTdOg313 View Post
    So, I am extremely new with this and was hoping you guys could help me since Sony, Samsung (My laptop manufacturer), and places like BestBuy could not help me. My main goal is to be able to play my PS3 through my Laptop, dont care about recording or anything else, just want to play with it since I dont have a TV while I am deployed. After reading all the posts, I am even more confused than when I started. My basic question is, is the HD80E what I am looking for to do this or is there a better/easier product. If the HD80E is what I need, is it just plug in and play, or do I need to download 100 other things to make it work?

Link to my computer stats are below, but to make it easy, i do not have a port for cards, but i do have two USB 3.0 slots and an HDMI port.

http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/laptops/NP700Z5B-S01UB-specs

Please Help!
    hey hotdog - please don't hijack threads. your question isn't a response to the original post. start your own from now on, ok? maybe a mod will move this for you.

in answer to your question, it's not a good or feasible idea to play through the laptop. first the video would have to be captured from the ps3 and then displayed. the lag(delay) would be unacceptable for any game with motion. maybe a small lcd monitor with hdmi input could be purchased and used.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  7. I apologize, not to familiar with the rules of posts, but it has been dead for over a month. My bad. Thx for the response tho, i guess i am just confused because isnt that what everyone on here is trying to do and discussing it, but than i am told that i shouldnt? Or am i missing something??
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    depends on the type of gamer you are i guess. it can be done with a capture device to the laptop but that introduces lag. not good for fighting or sports games of any kind. a small monitor is the way i'd go if a large tv is out of the question. cheaper too. a capture device is used by gamers who want to make videos of their games and are often played through a splitter to a tv and a computer, so the lag is not present on the tv while playing.
    --
    Quote Quote  
  9. Ya, i guess i am looking into the Gaems G155 Mobile Gaming Station..What are you thoughts?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    looks nice to me
    --
    Quote Quote  
  11. I had been using the HD80e HDMI input to record Directv HD for the last few months with no problem using Amarectv

Today I hooked it up to a Comcast HD DVR and I get sound but no picture in the software so I can’t record anything. The screen is just black but I can hear the sound

this is very strange because I assume Comcast is using the same HDCP, etc at Directv but I get a black screen
    after that I hooked Directv HD back and that works fine

Can anyone let me know how to correct this?
    Quote Quote