VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    What is the best title making software? I'm talking about creating titles and animating them? I'm looking for a program that is somewhat powerful but more important is easy to use and learn. Something with a lot of support would be nice.

Also, have any of you tried the new NewBlueFX Titler Pro?

http://www.newbluefx.com/so/titler-promo/index.html?tracking_id=11_2011_TITLERPRO_BB

Really, I'm willing to get even a hard to learn program if there is learning material out there that teaches me how to use the program.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    BluffTitler is pretty good! (though I'm still waiting for them to natively support stereo3d). I'd say the NewBlueFX TitlerPro is comparable (though taking a different approach)

Scott

edit: I take that back - BluffTitler just added Multiple Viewports/Cameras, so now Stereo3D can be created/exported...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You don't need any program, learn to keyframe instead. That canned stuff looks amateur.

I use Aurora 3D Animation Maker when I need animated extrusions, it's super simple. Then I take them into Vegas as PNG sequences.
    Last edited by budwzr; 29th Nov 2011 at 01:06.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Yeah, I've played around with Aurora 3D Animation Maker.

Can you put drop shadows using Blufftitler?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Yes, not just drop- but cast- shadows. It's really better to think of BluffTitler as a 3d Modelling/Rendering/Animation program that specializes in Titles, as it makes full use of modelling parameters in 3d space. Can even do alpha channel exports for compositing workflows.

At first glance it looks very consumer-ish, but you can get way beyond any canned stuff using it's full pro potential.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I agree that BluffTitler is much more robust than it appears, certainly better than the NewBlue titler ($200!!!!). And the NewBlue titler is clunky to work with.

The thing is, I need to be able to import ScalableVectorGraphics (.svg) format to do custom work, and I don't know if BT has that.

The real secret, though, is to get your mind wrapped around the concept of keyframe animation, then the choice of software doesn't matter so much.
    Last edited by budwzr; 29th Nov 2011 at 10:59.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Is there a titling software that has a lot of support when it comes to learning it? I mean, I use Sony Vegas Studio and learned the ins and outs by buying Bill Myers 101 Tips and Tricks DVD. It was well worth the money. I would like to find a titling program where I can get a book or DVD that teaches me.
    Quote Quote