VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello.

I have a video capture card from the early 90s named "LifeView Video III". Although obviously of rather limited use today (or even back then for that matter), I would like to play around with it and perhaps use it to watch TV while I work with the old PC, just as if I were on my main machine.

The card is already installed and luckily the Windows 3.1 driver software seems to work well in 98 SE. My only problem is that when I got the card, it did not come with the all important "Video III Cable". Although plugs on the card allow one to connect video input without this cable, it's absence means I am unable to use the video pass-through functionality.

To my surprise, the card does work in VirtualDub using DirectShow, however rather predictably for video coming from an ISA card and processed by a Pentium 120MHz CPU, the frame rate barely scrapes 3fps.

OK, enough endless rambling, the point:

Basically, I would like to know about any standard which the cable follows (unlikely I know), whether it could be substituted for by a cable for another card, and (best of all) what the pin outs are.

I know this question is getting on for two decades out of date, but I feel it's worth a try anyway.

The attached image is as detailed as the card's manual gets regarding this cable.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	LifeView Video 3 Manual cable Diagram.gif
Views:	621
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	9792  

Quote Quote