VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I want to convert these two mkv files to BR but there 25FPS and my Sony BR player won't play 25FPS from a BR disk. I have used Ripbot to convert 25FPS to 23.976 and it normally works,but these files convert with audio seriously out of synch. Is there a delay setting that will work in TSmuxer?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I don't use any of the programs mentioned, but if the framerate conversion is slowing the video to 23.976fps (as opposed to removing a frame every second and making it play jerky), then the audio also has to be slowed, and not delayed. I believe eac3to can do the audio slowdown for you. It has some kind of a PAL to NTSC setting.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by wulf109 View Post
    I want to convert these two mkv files to BR but there 25FPS and my Sony BR player won't play 25FPS from a BR disk. I have used Ripbot to convert 25FPS to 23.976 and it normally works,but these files convert with audio seriously out of synch. Is there a delay setting that will work in TSmuxer?
    Another way to explain the same.

The video needs to be slowed 25i/p to 23.976p.

The audio has been processed to 25p. It needs to be reprocessed back to 23.976 or better go back to original audio.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You can do this simple enough. If the audio stream is DTS you must first change the audio to AC-3 with Popcorn MKV AudioConverter. TFM will not convert it without the DTS payware plugin. Once that's done, or if the audio is AC-3, install TFM Audio tool and open the MKV file in TFM Audio Tool. Change audio from 25 to 23.976 and process it. Close TFM Audio Tool and start MKVMerge. Open the original MKV file, deselect the original audio stream and add the converted audio from TFM. In MKVMerge highlight the video stream, change to the "format specific options" tab and change the FPS to 24000/1001. Save with a different file name. Good luck.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by manono View Post
    I don't use any of the programs mentioned, but if the framerate conversion is slowing the video to 23.976fps (as opposed to removing a frame every second and making it play jerky), then the audio also has to be slowed, and not delayed. I believe eac3to can do the audio slowdown for you. It has some kind of a PAL to NTSC setting.
    it's pretty straightforward with eac3to. to go from 25 fps to 23.976 you use the "-slowdown" switch. and eac3to can handle DTS to AC3 conversion if you don't have the DTS filter (i think it defaults to 640 kbps but you can change it to what you want with the proper switch..."-384" for 384 kbps).

there are GUIs for eac3to that make the whole process simple.
    Last edited by Farscape1; 23rd Nov 2011 at 21:55.
    Quote Quote