VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi again,

I extracted the audio, the video to work with them separately, trimmed the video to build a vignette and now I'm trying to fit a second Audio Stream (dubbed) with the original video, with original audio (english).

But, I can't. I tried several tools and so far, the most complete application where there are not any "lag" the resulting videos in my modest laptop, was Sony Vegas Pro 11.

Let me add some considerations:

1. Dubbed Audio is a few seconds shorter than original video while the original audio is a little bit larger than video

>> What kind of problems this can bring me?

2. Before the vignette, the dubbed audio is perfectly synchronized, after that, the problem starts, with audio being heard earlier than mouth movements.

>> I splitted the dubbed audio in two parts: Before and After. And I took some portion of the original Audio to make the vignette, because in the dubbed audio, near the end, there is an extra voice announcing the dubbing studio. I don't like merchandising. :P

So, I started a project in Sony Vegas, and I imported all the four files to build my timeline.

I added the video with original audio and it was splitted into movie and audio tracks. Then I dragged my three other audios in another track in this order: Before <-> Vignette <-> After

All clear so far?

Now, playing the video from the end of vignette, my nightmare comes up, and I can't adjust audio and video.

The "best" (sarcastic quotation) try was shorten the audio track, which speeds up the audio. But you know what happens when you speeds up an audio: Everyone talks like Chip 'n Dale.

Is there a solution? I don't care if I have to change Sony Vegas for something else. If I have lag issues in the video I try to render it in another computer...
    URGENT is everything someone INCOMPETENT did not ON TIME and want you KILL yourself to do in RECORD time.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I think something might be getting lost in translation, but the way you're going is going to take a long time and be much more messy than backing up to the beginning and doing it right...

1. Extract all your files together if you can.
    2. Load all your files up in Vegas, and put them on the timeline.
    3. Before doing any vignetting (I'm assuming this is a montage of sorts), you must sync up the full tracks!!
    4. Get your start points lined up and then check throughout to see if there is A) Drift or B) Discontinuities
    5. If drift, you'll need to do pitch-corrected time-compression/expanion on the audio.
    6. If discontinuities, you'll need to either loop/stretch/edit-in on the shorter segment(s) or cut-out on the longer segments.
    7. Do these until you get ALL your tracks remaining in sync throughout the whole program.
    8. Now, GANG your tracks together (such that an edit in one track is mimicked in an edit in another track).
    9. Now you can do the vignetting. When you'r done, you should check on the audio transitions to make sure they have nice x-fade overlaps. (would need to be un-ganged for this to work)

DONE.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Try importing all audio & video into MkvToolnix. Make sure the audio & video are the same FPS, and adjusting the audio delay to different settings to get a match.
    I was also wondering how to do this when importing DTS-MA from a different source movie into a MKV file, but haven't tried it yet...
    Quote Quote