VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hi, i recently downloaded to movies via bittorrent. while they are both in english they both have subtitles that are really annoying. i have no plans to burn them to discs, just watch them on my computer. is there a way that isnt too complicated to remove the subs? I run Ubuntu Linux so any program would have to be linux compatible. i have never watched movies on a computer before, nor done any editing of any kind so the simpler explanation the better. thanks very much!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by channelz28 View Post
    hi, i recently downloaded to movies via bittorrent. while they are both in english they both have subtitles that are really annoying. i have no plans to burn them to discs, just watch them on my computer. is there a way that isnt too complicated to remove the subs?
    No, not if the subs are already burned into the video. To find out if that's true for both, play the VOB. If you see subs, they're burned in (and created by an idiot). As for the AVI, they could be muxed in and not burned in. To check (and maybe there are other ways), open the AVI in VDub(Mod). If you see subs, they're burned into the video.

Logo removers can remove them, leaving a big blur behind that's worse than they originally looked.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If they are hardcoded/burned in then must you either crop or blur it. It's not worth it. Find a better source. Buy the DVDs!!
    Quote Quote  
  4. looks like they are burned in. oh well, thanks for letting me know.
    Quote Quote