VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello,

I used MPEG Streamclip (http://www.squared5.com/) to convert Canon 5D Mark II 1920x1080 30fps PAL *.MOV videos to less data-rate *.AVI to play them on a slow machine. I selected some setting keeping resolution and just limiting the data rate from (what I think) >48 Mbps to 30 Mbps. This works well for several single file conversions but then I seems to put some wrong setting for batch file conversion and now cannot playback the resulted *.AVI files (and what is worse - I deleted the initial *.MOV files). I do not remember much details about setting so trying to extract info from resulted AVI. Here are several screenshots from different media-informers I found trying to solve the issue:

Trying to remember the setting used for conversion I think it was something like this:

Can't play both on PC with latest K-Lite MEGA codec pack installed, also as on MAC. FFDSHOW re-installed several times, some video players (tried WMP, Media Player Classic, QuickTime, VLC) playback sound, but no video, some cannot even open the file. Youtube upload also failed to decode...
    Unfortunately the media-conversion software seems to be not supported, I asked this question to author a couple of times but received no answer.
    Do I have any hope?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    avc/h264 in avi is not the best solution. Try "remux"/mutitplex the avi to a mp4 with mymp4boxgui, yamb, mp4muxer or avidemux(under video and audio choose copy, under format choose mp4).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    tried mymp4boxgui:

yamb:

[14:45:12] : YAMB 1.6.0 started !
    [14:45:12] : OS type detection...
    [14:45:12] : Professional (version 6.0, Build 6002 : Service Pack 2)
    [14:45:12] : Checking MP4Box location...MP4Box found.
    [14:45:12] : Checking MediaInfo.dll...0.7.1.2 found.
    [14:45:24] : Muxing started...
    [14:45:24] : Importing & Writing streams...
    [14:45:24] : Muxing failed.

Also tried Yamb>Extract and mymp4boxgui>demux they both extracted avc1 and mp3 files. I understand correctly I need to combine video and audio tracks again using these files as input? Strange thing is that My MP4 Box Gui does not accept itself generated *.avc1 as input for Mux?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    avidemux:

I used "file->save->save video" after selecting video->copy, audio->copy, format->MP4, is that correct?
    I named the resulted file like *.MP4, it has slighlty different size compared to initial *.AVI but also cannot be playedback.
    Quote Quote