VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I just wonder if this is up to date? Ping G20 IronsAny additional software that I should be aware of? I have 60min DV-tapes that I wish to backup (paranoid of a huge UFO-like magnet around the corner suddenly wiping all tapes). I would much appreciate being able to skip the ->DVAVI step. I was just about to drop the topic but decided to check the FAQ first. Also, I would much appreciate if someone could specify "a really fast computer" a little bit more. I have a Celeron 2,6GHz w. 1GB DDR and S-ATA hdd. Will this cut it for me? ap1And like I said, if anyone has any idea of other software than those two apps mentioned in FAQ, I would be happy as a weasel.

Regards,,
    Last edited by shina00; 21st Nov 2011 at 03:54.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by shina00 View Post
    I just wonder if this is up to date? Any additional software that I should be aware of? I have 60min DV-tapes that I wish to backup (paranoid of a huge UFO-like magnet around the corner suddenly wiping all tapes). I would much appreciate being able to skip the ->DVAVI step. I was just about to drop the topic but decided to check the FAQ first. Also, I would much appreciate if someone could specify "a really fast computer" a little bit more. I have a Celeron 2,6GHz w. 1GB DDR and S-ATA hdd. Will this cut it for me? And like I said, if anyone has any idea of other software than those two apps mentioned in FAQ, I would be happy as a weasel.

Regards,,
    The Mainconcept MPeg2 SDK includes a realtime capture module that works well for high bit rate DV to MPeg2 encoding. The module is included in products like ULead/Corel Video Studio since version ~8 and of course the Mainconcept Reference encoder.

With a 2.8GHz P4 CPU bit rates over 7000 Kbps CBR encode with reliability. Under 7000 kbps expect buffer overflow and lost frames. The faster the CPU, the lower the possible average bit rate.

For DV backup, I'd recommend 9600 Kbps CBR (aka "one hour DVD mode")+ 224 Kbps AC3 audio.

PS: The Mainconcept real time MPeg2 encoder module has not been included in Premiere or Vegas products.
    Last edited by edDV; 17th Nov 2011 at 07:23.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote