VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The title of this thread was originally part of the statement about using TB IsoneSurround which he said to be a free VST plugin. Earlier today I listened to it on a demo page and was blown away at how good it sounded on my two little computer stereo speakers. Consequently I wanted to find one of those any multimedia player which supports VST plugins they mentioned. However I have not found a player like that. Winamp is said to do it with a six-year-old adapter which doesn't work very well, but nothing that is supposed to work well. So can anyone here help me find this sad media player that can play my video files and audio files with the tremendous sound improvement I heard on my little speakers? Link to the demo I heard.
    Last edited by MarcMiller; 14th Nov 2011 at 04:31. Reason: found demo
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by AlanHK View Post
    The above links may be good but I would prefer a video/audio media player that accepts the amazing audio plug in I mentioned in my opening of this thread not just an audio media player that accepts similar plug-ins.

amazing plug-in demo
    Last edited by MarcMiller; 14th Nov 2011 at 08:49. Reason: lime space
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Not much to be found. Probably because VST was mainly set up to assist with AUDIO EDITORS, not PLAYERS. There are a bunch of those that support VST.

BTW, hearing "amazing" multiple times in this thread makes me think that you're trying to sell something...

Yes, it's probably a good device, but doesn't do anything new that can't also be done by other freeware (some with more features than this). Crosstalk cancellation, Room & Speaker simulation through convolving, and Binaural <-> Surround conversion through HRTFs are well known processes which have been around, and some of us have been promoting, for a while (I designed my 1st XtalkCanceler/HRTF app in 1987).
    If you like it, great. I just want others to know it's not the only game in town.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    Yes, it's probably a good device, but doesn't do anything new that can't also be done by other freeware (some with more features than this). Crosstalk cancellation, Room & Speaker simulation through convolving, and Binaural <-> Surround conversion through HRTFs are well known processes which have been around, and some of us have been promoting, for a while (I designed my 1st XtalkCanceler/HRTF app in 1987).
    If you like it, great. I just want others to know it's not the only game in town.
    Scott
    OK that sounds great!
    But I have been trying to do searches for virtual surround sound for months and haven't been able to come up with any other freeware. I don't know if key words of Crosstalk or room simulation of the keys are the key words to finding it but would appreciate any help in finding more freeware which would do similar to that one I keep linking to.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How about the SRS system that comes with WMP ?
    Quote Quote